Main Narmada pipeline suffers breakage, water supply to Kutch closedSeptember 29, 2017
The Narmada water supply to Kutch district will remain closed for at least four days owing to a major breakage in the main supply pipeline passing below a railway line in Maliya in adjoining Morbi district.
Senior Manager of Gujarat Water Infrastructure Limited (GWIL), the company of the state government which established bulk water pipe grid based on Narmada water, C B Zala said that the water supply line has been closed since around 2 am in the wee hours today as soon as the incident was reported. The repair and resumption work would take a total of four days and during that period the water supply to Kutch would remain affected.
He said that the pipeline was around 15 year old and such breakages were usual.
- CM dedicates civil work projects worth of Rs. 493.78 crore to residents of Surat
- Gujarat based multinational pharma major Torrent acquires US company Bio-Pharm Inc
- State level Republic day event this year in Mahesana, Governor to hoist tricolor in presence of CM
- Gujarat budget 2018-19 on February 20
- 7 suggestions Gujarat Finance Minister made before Centre in pre-budget meet at Delhi
- Kuwait's leading low cost airline Jazeera Airways starts direct flight to Ahmedabad