Main Narmada pipeline suffers breakage, water supply to Kutch closedSeptember 29, 2017
The Narmada water supply to Kutch district will remain closed for at least four days owing to a major breakage in the main supply pipeline passing below a railway line in Maliya in adjoining Morbi district.
Senior Manager of Gujarat Water Infrastructure Limited (GWIL), the company of the state government which established bulk water pipe grid based on Narmada water, C B Zala said that the water supply line has been closed since around 2 am in the wee hours today as soon as the incident was reported. The repair and resumption work would take a total of four days and during that period the water supply to Kutch would remain affected.
He said that the pipeline was around 15 year old and such breakages were usual.
- Gujarat Science City demonstrates robots that work as waiter; India's first Robotics gallery to come up by mid-next year
- Ravindra and Rivaba Jadeja meet PM Narendra Modi in Delhi
- Gujarat CM visits Sardar Patel 's birth place in Nadiad
- Desalination, Recycling of water the way to go for Gujarat, explains Chief Minister
- Secretary of Dept of Defence Production, GoI, delivers lecture on Innovation for Defence Excellence at IIM-A
- Hardik Patel is a betrayer and loose character man who cares only for his own selfish motives, he will betray even Congress: Chirag Patel