Gujarat CM announces Rs 1173 crore fishing harbour projects for Navabandar, Madhwad, Porbandar, Veraval and SutrapdadaOctober 02, 2017
Mangrol: Gujarat Chief Minister today announced Rs 1173 crore development works for coastal town Mangrol in Saurashtra region.
Proposed development works announced by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani include Rs 294 crore Navabandar allweather onshore/offshore fishing harbour on the standards of European Union with capacity to contain 1,000 boats.
Rupani said this initiative will result into increased income for farmers.
Rupani also announced Rs 880 crore Madhwad, Porbandar phase-2, Veraval phase-2 and Sutrapada fishing harbours.
He said Rs 160 crore Madhwad fishing harbour will come up over 22 hectare land with capacity to anchor 569 boats. Proposed harbour will be expandable for future needs.
Rs 146 Sutrapada fishing harbour will come up over 15 hectare lannd, the Chief Minister announced adding that it will be built considering 1,200 boats in mind.
Veraval will have Rs 200 crore phase-2 fishing harbour with capacity of anchoring 4500 boats.
Rs 373 crore Porbandar fishing harbour expansion phase-2 will be taken up with 4,500 boat capacity design.
Chief Minister further announced that the government will extend Rs 4 lakh assistance to family of fisherman dead in Pakistan jail/custody. He said the government will release assistance to fisherman family in case of death of fishermen in sea in just one year time, discontinuing the practice of releasing relief amount after 7 years earlier. He said such families will also get Rs 4 lakh relief.
- MLA Shailesh Sotta makes representation at Collectorate against 'Land Jihad'
- Former MLA Jayanti Bhanushali booked in rape case by Surat police
- Narendra Modi led government defeats no-trust motion comfortably in Lok Sabha with 325 vs 126 votes
- The city of Ahmedabad receives good rain finally
- 'RFP for 1000 MW first phase of Dholera Solar Park project to be out in a month period'
- Live: Discussion on no confidence motion in Lok Sabha