PM Narendra Modi lays foundation stone for new Rajkot airport, highway projectsOctober 07, 2017
Chotila: The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today addressed a public meeting at Chotila, in Surendranagar district. He laid the Foundation Stones for a greenfield airport for Rajkot; six-laning of Ahmedabad-Rajkot National Highway; and four-laning of Rajkot-Morbi State Highway. He also dedicated to the nation, a fully automatic milk processing and packaging plant; and a drinking water distribution pipeline for Joravarnagar and Ratanpur area of Surendranagar.
The Prime Minister said that it was hard to imagine an airport in Surendranagar district. He said such development works empower citizens.
He said aviation cannot be about rich people. We have made aviation affordable and within reach of the lesser privileged, he added.
The Prime Minister said that the definition of development has changed. From the days when handpumps were seen to be a sign of development, today the waters of the Narmada River have been brought for the benefit of citizens. He said Surendranagar district tends to benefit a lot from the waters of the Narmada. He urged people to use water responsibly, and conserve every drop. The Prime Minister said that the Sursagar Dairy would bring enormous benefit to the people. He also recalled how former Prime Minister Keshubhai Patel had worked towards making better and safer roads.
- CM dedicates civil work projects worth of Rs. 493.78 crore to residents of Surat
- Gujarat based multinational pharma major Torrent acquires US company Bio-Pharm Inc
- State level Republic day event this year in Mahesana, Governor to hoist tricolor in presence of CM
- Gujarat budget 2018-19 on February 20
- 7 suggestions Gujarat Finance Minister made before Centre in pre-budget meet at Delhi
- Kuwait's leading low cost airline Jazeera Airways starts direct flight to Ahmedabad