PM lays foundation stone for Bharbhut Barrage project over river Narmada, flags of train to Bihar, dedicates GNFC plants in BharuchOctober 08, 2017
Bharuch: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today laid foundation stone for Rs 4,337 crore 1.633 km long Bhadbhut Barrage on river Narmada in Bharuch district of Central Gujarat. The project will conserve water in volume more than Karjan dam. It will supply drinking water to coastal Bharuch district. It will also cut distance between two prominent coastal industrial towns in Central/South Gujarat Dahej and Hazira. Barrage will also have channel for Hilsa fishing.
The Prime Minister also dedicated Neem project plant of Gujarat Narmada valley Fertilizers(GNFC). He also dedicate Dye Calcium Phosphate plant of GNFC.
The Prime Minister flagged off Udhna – Jaynagar (Surat – Madhubani Bihar) Antyoday Express train.
The Prime Minister in his address spoke in detail about how neem coating of Urea changed the situation of availability of Urea to farmers.
Modi said when he was Chief Minister he would write several letters to then Central government complaining lack of Urea supply. He said neem coating of Urea has created a situation that none Chief Minister today writes letter to him complaining about Urea supply.
Modi said Bhadbhut Barrage will ease the situation of drinking water in coastal Bharuch and also help farmers who are facing issue of salinity.
- Charas worth Rs 20 lakh seized, 2 nabbed in old Ahmedabad city
- Congress spreading lies about Bullet train funding, the party would be wiped out in 2019 LS polls:Vaghani
- One more lioness die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forests, lion deaths figure rises to 14
- Reports of Japan stopping funds for bullet train far from truth: NHSRCL
- Supported by Pakistan ministers Rahul speaking language of those who have no good intentions for India: Smriti in Gujarat
- 26 lakh visited Ambaji during Bhadarvi Punam fair, 1 kg gold received in donation on last day