Vadnagar gets new medical college, iconic bus-station, AC town hall, banquet hall, hospital; local APMC yard to reopenOctober 08, 2017
Vadnagar: Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his visit to hometown Vadnagar today dedicated Rs 600 crore GMERS medical college.
The Prime Minister also dedicated/launched works for Rs 92.81 lakh Nagar Seva Sadan(town office), Rs 5.45 crore AC 1000-capacity town hall cum banquet hall, Rs. 3.17 crore Rushi Aara revamp work, Rs 28.77 crore under ground gutter project linked sewage treatment plant, 450-bed hospital and Rs. 10.53 crore iconic bus terminal.
The Prime Minister also laid stone for Rs 22.79 crore Science College building.
In his address, Prime Minister Modi hinted at two future projects in Vadnagar – hanging bridge at Sharmishtha talav and railway over bridge to cross rail track which passes through Vadnagar town.
The Prime Minister on his arrival at Vadnagar from Gunja helipad a few kms away was welcomed by thousands of people standing on both sides of roads.
The Prime Minister worshiped Shiv at 17th century Hatkeshwar temple which has been recently repaired by government.
Prime Minister distributed tablets to health workers and launched Indradhsnush Mission programme of Government of India for full immunization of all children. He said three districts of Gujarat are covered under this mission.
Speaking in this function, Chief Minister Vijay Rupani announced reopening of local Agriculture Produce Marketing Committee(APMC) yard which has been non-functional since long time.
The Prime Minister congratulated Rupani for government’s decision to reopen the market yard.
- In videos: Two Patidar community events at same time, one for progress, another for politics
- Coherent administration, substantial and sustainable social growth and bottom-up approach: Rupani on 4 years of Modi govt in Centre
- Prime Minister to inaugurate Eastern Peripheral Expressway and Phase -I of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Health department inquiry team visit Adnai run G K hospital in Bhuj even as 111 children deaths confirmed this year
- Forest Guard attacked by Lioness in Gujarat
- Son of Gujarat completes four years as PM, far longer period compared to earlier Gujarati PM Morarji Desai; Gujarat Congress protests titling it as Vishwasghat Diwas, fields Narmada tweet row fame Rajiv Satav to lead it