Gujarat govt announces early release of Narmada canal water for irrigation for Rabi sowing this yearOctober 09, 2017
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government today announced its decision to release irrigation water from Narmada canals from October 9 instead of regular scheduled date of October 15.
Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel said this decision has been taken in response to demands made by farmers for their Rabi crops.
Patel said cotton, groundnut, castor and other Rabi sowing will benefit maximum through this decision.
- BJP snatches five district panchayats from Congress
- Two children injured as main gate of SMC run school falls
- AMC to soon launch Smart Parking App
- Budget allocation for agriculture doubled, MSP to include cost of family labour: PM Modi to farmers
- Live: PM Narendra Modi interacts with farmers via video
- 1.25 crore to participate in Yoga Day events across Gujarat, world record to be attempted