Gujarat govt announces early release of Narmada canal water for irrigation for Rabi sowing this yearOctober 09, 2017
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government today announced its decision to release irrigation water from Narmada canals from October 9 instead of regular scheduled date of October 15.
Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel said this decision has been taken in response to demands made by farmers for their Rabi crops.
Patel said cotton, groundnut, castor and other Rabi sowing will benefit maximum through this decision.
- Attempt to derail a train fails in Kutch
- Live: Prime Minister Narendra Modi flags off Surat Night Marathon 2018 in Gujarat
- After strong protest by India in DG level border meeting in Pakistan on regular illegal intrusion of boats in Indian territory, BSF intensifies patrol in Creek area
- School boy dies in accident during Cyclothon event in Vadodara
- Another Pakistani fishing boat seized from creek area adjoining Gujarat
- Body of yet another Asiatic lion found in Saurashtra region of Gujarat