Anandiben slams Rahul Gandhi for remark on women in Gujarat interactionOctober 10, 2017
Gandhinagar: In a strongly worded statement, BJP leader and ex-Gujarat CM Anandiben Patel has attacked Rahul Gandhi for her jibe at RSS. Rahul Gandhi speaking to a gathering of students took a jibe at Rahul Gandhi for lack of women. Rahul Gandhi said, “Their organisation is the RSS. How many women are there in the RSS… Have you ever seen any woman in shakhas wearing shorts?” he said mocking the traditional dress of the organisation.
— ANI (@ANI) October 10, 2017
Expectedly, this has elicited a strong response from BJP. Anandiben Patel said that Rahul Gandhi has demeaned and insulted women of Gujarat, who are in forefront of the society today. Anandiben Patel said that do you only check out what women wear and do they need permission from Gandhi scion before wearing clothes. She also asked whether such comments are part of Congress culture and if Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi’s sister (Priyanka ) find his statement acceptable. According to Anandiben Patel, no women would find Rahul’s comments in good taste and said that if Gandhi scion doesn’t apologise, Congress would face electoral backlash in the state. Former Gujarat CM said that women are like mother and should be given proper respect by all.
Rahul Gandhi had today in his interaction with youths in Vadodara said:Inka (BJP’s) main sangathan RSS hai. Kitni mahila hain usme, kabhi shaakha mein mahilaon ko dekha hai shorts mein? Maine to nahi dekha.
- In videos: Two Patidar community events at same time, one for progress, another for politics
- Coherent administration, substantial and sustainable social growth and bottom-up approach: Rupani on 4 years of Modi govt in Centre
- Prime Minister to inaugurate Eastern Peripheral Expressway and Phase -I of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Health department inquiry team visit Adnai run G K hospital in Bhuj even as 111 children deaths confirmed this year
- Forest Guard attacked by Lioness in Gujarat
- Son of Gujarat completes four years as PM, far longer period compared to earlier Gujarati PM Morarji Desai; Gujarat Congress protests titling it as Vishwasghat Diwas, fields Narmada tweet row fame Rajiv Satav to lead it