Morari Bapu was in forest on invitation in connection with Wildlife Week awareness programme: Forest departmentOctober 11, 2017
Junagadh: North Range Forest Officer of Forest department of Gujarat, S.D.Tilala has said that Ram kathakar Shri Morari Bapu was given entry into forest with permission by forest department in connection with Wildlife week celebration in order to create awareness among people. Morari Bapu had also visited places of religious interests. Some lions were spotted on his way. Forest department staff was with him at that time.
Forest department has made this clarification following controversy regarding alleged breach of forest department rules.
One ‘RTI activist’ Bhanubhai Odedara has writer a letter to Cheif Justice of Gujarat High Court regarding Morari Bapu’s visit to forest and ‘lion darshan’ with forest officers.
Activist claimed that Morari Bapu and 10 other persons with him had lion darshan on 8th and 9th October for which forest officials had conducted location search a day ago.
Odedara has attached photographs with his letter in which Morari Bapu is seen watching lion from distance.
Odedara said, none from public visitors is allowed to enter the forest and have lion darshan during 15 June – 15 October period as it is matting season for lions.
- Heat wave likely to make comeback from April 26, Ahmedabad to see Orange level warning initially which might escalate to Red level alert
- Record break 64.11% turnout in Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Gujarat, highest ever in state
- GoAir announces 2 additional flights from Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Akshay Kumar's non-political interaction with PM Narendra Modi
- Jio fastest with 22.2 mbps download speed in March, Vodafone leads in upload: TRAI
- Taj hotel in Ahmedabad by mid 2020; it will be located on Sindhu Bhavan road