Gujarat govt withdraws cases against 22 farmers in Sanand violence caseOctober 18, 2017
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government today said it has withdrawn police cases against 22 poor and middle class farmers of Sanand – Nal Sarovar belt in Ahmedabad district in connection with Sinchai Adhikar Rally violence that occurred in February this year. Minister of State for Home Pradipsinh Jadeja made this announcement today.
Sanand police had filed cases against farmers after heavy stone pelting on police in which police officer, staff were injured. Police had booked farmers under various charges including damage to public property. Charge sheet was filed against all 22 accused after investigation.
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies
- 6 die as truck overturns and crush a car in Surendranagar district of Gujarat
- Property registration documents in Sub Registrar Offices now available online in Gujarat