Gujarat govt withdraws cases against 22 farmers in Sanand violence caseOctober 18, 2017
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government today said it has withdrawn police cases against 22 poor and middle class farmers of Sanand – Nal Sarovar belt in Ahmedabad district in connection with Sinchai Adhikar Rally violence that occurred in February this year. Minister of State for Home Pradipsinh Jadeja made this announcement today.
Sanand police had filed cases against farmers after heavy stone pelting on police in which police officer, staff were injured. Police had booked farmers under various charges including damage to public property. Charge sheet was filed against all 22 accused after investigation.
- Attempt to derail a train fails in Kutch
- Live: Prime Minister Narendra Modi flags off Surat Night Marathon 2018 in Gujarat
- After strong protest by India in DG level border meeting in Pakistan on regular illegal intrusion of boats in Indian territory, BSF intensifies patrol in Creek area
- School boy dies in accident during Cyclothon event in Vadodara
- Another Pakistani fishing boat seized from creek area adjoining Gujarat
- Body of yet another Asiatic lion found in Saurashtra region of Gujarat