Solanki rushes to Delhi for meeting with Congress high-command in connection with candidates selectionOctober 21, 2017
Gujarat Congress president Bharatsinh Solanki today rushed to New Delhi to participated in a meeting with the high command to give the final touches to the candidates selection process and to discuss other poll related issues.
Guajrat congress in-charge Ashok Gehlot has also reportedly gone to Delhi to take part in the crucial meeting.
A party leader said that various names have been selected but before the final announcement in phased way a final nod of the high-command was to be taken.
He said that the first list of candidates was also likely to be announced soon. Various other issues like seat sharing in case of a tie up with NCP and some other related things would be discussed in the meeting.
Notably, the term of the current 13 th assembly in Gujarat was to expire on January 22, next year. The election commission has said that the election would be held in December this year, however, it has not announced the date/dates for it as yet.
Ruling BJP today also started the final process for selection of candidates.with the commencement of its state parliamentary board meeting here. Three names from each of the 182 constituencies was likely to be selected during the six day meet to be sent to the national parliamentary board for final decision.
Meanwhile AAP today issued the first list of its 11 candidates.
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu may fly kites with Modi in Gujarat on January 14
- PAAS hooligans joined by Congress create ruckus at BJP event and later at Varachha Police Station in Surat
- Gujarat Church in later written in political tone urges people to save India from “nationalist forces”
- Hardik Patel to get Y category security cover of CISF
- Solanki's fake resignation letter goes viral, Cong leader puts the blame on BJP
- Bomb disposal squad, sniffer dogs conduct search operation at Ahmedabad Railway station