Solanki rushes to Delhi for meeting with Congress high-command in connection with candidates selectionOctober 21, 2017
Gujarat Congress president Bharatsinh Solanki today rushed to New Delhi to participated in a meeting with the high command to give the final touches to the candidates selection process and to discuss other poll related issues.
Guajrat congress in-charge Ashok Gehlot has also reportedly gone to Delhi to take part in the crucial meeting.
A party leader said that various names have been selected but before the final announcement in phased way a final nod of the high-command was to be taken.
He said that the first list of candidates was also likely to be announced soon. Various other issues like seat sharing in case of a tie up with NCP and some other related things would be discussed in the meeting.
Notably, the term of the current 13 th assembly in Gujarat was to expire on January 22, next year. The election commission has said that the election would be held in December this year, however, it has not announced the date/dates for it as yet.
Ruling BJP today also started the final process for selection of candidates.with the commencement of its state parliamentary board meeting here. Three names from each of the 182 constituencies was likely to be selected during the six day meet to be sent to the national parliamentary board for final decision.
Meanwhile AAP today issued the first list of its 11 candidates.
- NCB nabs Nigerian lady from train in Vadodara with drugs worth over Rs 80 lakhs
- AMC health teams collect sample of water etc from road-side vendors a day after this viral video
- PM not to come to Madhavpur fair; CMs of North Eastern states to participate
- BJP captures Gandhinagar taluka panchayat
- No truth in reports of my resignation: Bharatsinh Solanki clarifies
- Over 10 office of Samrudh Jeevan cooperative raided and sealed in Gujarat