Gujarat govt to borne GST on drip/sprinkler irrigation for farmers, 50% hike in Asha workers salaryOctober 24, 2017
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government today announced 50% hike in Asha workers salary. 40,000 women will benefit from this decision. This will add Rs 58 crore burden on state exchequer. Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel while making this announcement also declared that 18% Goods and Services Tax(GST) on drip irrigation will be borne by the government arm GGRC. Tribal farmers get 90% and other farmers 70-80% subsidy for drip irrigation from govt. Patel also announced that non-grantable school teachers who are working for last ten years and have passed TET exam will not be relieved from job. Patel also announced increase in leaves of contract based employees. He announced Rs 2 lakh assistance for accidental death of contracted employee. Patel announced govt decision to broaden the criteria for Other Backward Class, Schedule Class and Schedule Tribe(OBC/SC/ST) students by increasing family income limit in rural area from Rs 47,000 to Rs 1.30 lakh and in urban area Rs 65,000 to Rs 1.50 lakh.
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reacts to 5 State assembly poll results
- PM Narendra Modi reacts to five-state assembly election results
- Car bangs the international terminal in Ahmedabad, driver slapped with heavy fine
- Shaktikant Das appointed new RBI Governor for three years
- Lioness in Devaliya Safari Park of Gujarat dies
- Jio to become India's No 1 telecom operator by 2021: Bernstein report