Gujarat govt to borne GST on drip/sprinkler irrigation for farmers, 50% hike in Asha workers salaryOctober 24, 2017
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government today announced 50% hike in Asha workers salary. 40,000 women will benefit from this decision. This will add Rs 58 crore burden on state exchequer. Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel while making this announcement also declared that 18% Goods and Services Tax(GST) on drip irrigation will be borne by the government arm GGRC. Tribal farmers get 90% and other farmers 70-80% subsidy for drip irrigation from govt. Patel also announced that non-grantable school teachers who are working for last ten years and have passed TET exam will not be relieved from job. Patel also announced increase in leaves of contract based employees. He announced Rs 2 lakh assistance for accidental death of contracted employee. Patel announced govt decision to broaden the criteria for Other Backward Class, Schedule Class and Schedule Tribe(OBC/SC/ST) students by increasing family income limit in rural area from Rs 47,000 to Rs 1.30 lakh and in urban area Rs 65,000 to Rs 1.50 lakh.
- Attempt to derail a train fails in Kutch
- Live: Prime Minister Narendra Modi flags off Surat Night Marathon 2018 in Gujarat
- After strong protest by India in DG level border meeting in Pakistan on regular illegal intrusion of boats in Indian territory, BSF intensifies patrol in Creek area
- School boy dies in accident during Cyclothon event in Vadodara
- Another Pakistani fishing boat seized from creek area adjoining Gujarat
- Body of yet another Asiatic lion found in Saurashtra region of Gujarat