6 day long Gujarat BJP Parliamentary board meet held as part of candidate selection process ends, Shah remained present on all daysOctober 26, 2017
The six day long state parliamentary board meeting of ruling BJP in Gujarat held in connection with selection of candidates for the upcoming assembly elections which was attended by party president Amit Shah on all the days since its commencement on October 21 ended today.
During the meeting held at Shanti Niketan premises near Chandkheda area here the names of potential candidate’s in zone-wise manner were discussed.
Apart from Shah, Gujarat party in-charge Bhupendra Yadav, National Joint general Secretary (organization) V Satish, CM Vijay Rupani, Deputy CM Nitin Patel, former CM Anandiben Patel and state president Jeetu Vaghani also participated.
A party leader said that during the meeting three names from each of the 182 constituencies have been considered and would be forwarded to the national parliamentary board of the party for final selection. If the need be another meeting of the state parliamentary board may also take place.
‘On the first two days ie October 21 and 22, the names of potential candidates for constituencies of North Gujarat were discussed , on October 23 the same for south Gujarat, on October 24 and 25 for central Gujarat seats and on October 26 the last day panel of potential candidates for Saurashtra and Kutch were discussed,’ he said.
Notably, election in Gujarat will be held in two phases on December 9 (89 seats of 19 districts of South Gujarat, Saurashtra and Kutch) and December 14 (93 seats of remaining 14 districts of North and Central Gujarat). Counting will take place on December 18.
As Gujarat elections were of special importance to the ruling BJP and main opposition Congress was also trying all out through new caste equations to give a strong fight, Shah was camping in his home state for around a week with special focus of candidate selection.
- Gujarat BJP to mark Modi government's four years in Centre through reach out campaign
- Meeting of former MLAs of Vaghela camp including incumbent BJP MLA C K Raulji held
- Over a dozen injured in clash over digging out soil from pond under Sujalam Sufalam scheme
- Ahmedabad - Mumbai Duronto Express to be extended to Surendranagar and Rajkot from 27th May
- Gujarat board to declare Class 12 general stream exam results on May 31
- Chief Minister offers shramdan at yet another Jal Sanchay Yojna work site