Attempts were made to erase Sardar’s name: PM on Sardar Patel’s birth anniversaryOctober 31, 2017
New Delhi: Slamming the Gandhi-Nehru family run/controlled governments without naming them, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today morning in Delhi said Sardar Patel was not introduced to new generation.
Modi said, ‘in a way attempts were made to erase his name or to make his name smaller. Whether some government approves him or not, history is witnessed to the fact that youths of this country are not ready to forget Sardar. They are not ready him to disappear from history.’
‘When country gave us opportunity to serve, we decided to mark Sardar Patel birth anniversary in a special way in order to keep memories of his good works intact through generations,’ PM said.
The Prime Minister recalled first President of India Rajendra Babu who was pained as the country had forgotten Sardar Patel who created Bharat.
PM said, ‘some people tried their best to erase Sardar saheb from memory but Sardar is placed in soul of this country.’
PM was speaking at launch of Run for Unity event in Delhi on Sardar Patel Jayanti.
- Surat records near 40 temperature, met predicts gradual rise in mercury in next 2-3 days across Gujarat
- After seeing a rise of 32 cm in 5 days, water level of Narmada reservoir falling again slowly
- Amul to try grandma recipe, will launch Haldi-doodh (Turmeric Milk)
- Popular comedy serial Khichdi is back from 14th April with season 2
- Smriti Irani to launch action plan for aspirational district Narmada
- Amit Shah writes nine-page letter to Chandrababu Naidu