Railways can’t announce new schedule and trains for Gujarat, Himachal: ECIOctober 31, 2017
New Delhi: The Election Commission has barred the railways from publicising its new timetables and introducing new trains for poll-bound Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh. According to the EC letter received by the ministry last week, no new trains in these two states can be introduced or formally inaugurated till the model code of conduct is in place. While the railways can go ahead with publishing the new timetables — ‘Trains at a Glance’, and making it operational as planned on November 1, “no publicity shall be made in this regard”.
As many as 700 trains could see alterations in the new schedules because of changes in departure/arrival timings, enhanced speed and various other adjustments made by the transport behemoth in an effort to cut down travel time of long-distance trains.Many express trains have been made superfast as a result of which train numbers have been changed, which could create confusion among passengers. As of now, the railways has not been able to publicise these particular changes to inform the public.Each zonal railway is ready with its own timetable, but is wary of publicising them because of the EC letter.
- Narendra Modi led government defeats no-trust motion comfortably in Lok Sabha with 325 vs 126 votes
- The city of Ahmedabad receives good rain finally
- 'RFP for 1000 MW first phase of Dholera Solar Park project to be out in a month period'
- Live: Discussion on no confidence motion in Lok Sabha
- Studies over, area identified, RFP likely next month for India's first off shore wind power plant off Pipavav coast of Gujarat
- In fresh rejig, three IAS in Gujarat get second transfer order in a week