Kapil Sibal to hold meeting with PAAS on November 6November 01, 2017
Ahmedabad: Congress leader, Rajya Sabha MP and Supreme Court lawyer Kapil Sibal will be on visit to Gujarat on November 6. Sibal who has earlier fought case for quota agitation leader Hardik Patel will hold meeting with Hardik’s team in Ahmedabad regarding ‘possible ways out to give reservation quota to Patidar community in constitutional way’. Three other ‘constitutional experts’ and ‘lawyers’ are also expected to join Sibal. Hardik’s organization had openly campaigned for Congress in year 2015 local polls in Gujarat. Congress leaning Hardik is expected to announce support to Congress post meeting with Sibal. Several quota agitation leaders in Hardik’s organization wish to fight assembly elections on Congress ticket in upcoming December. Fearing that majority of his community member will stop supporting him if he go along with Congress, Hardik is holding meetings of his team with Congress leaders which are termed as fixed match by ruling BJP.
- Over 10 office of Samrudh Jeevan cooperative raided and sealed in Gujarat
- Police foils Love-Jihad bid, nabs Muslim youth with married Gujarati girl from Mumbai airport
- Suzlon bags 500 MW wind power projects in Gujarat
- Advocates held angry demonstration in New Vadodara district court premises on the very first working day
- 22 MoUs signed in Civil Aviation sector in last two vibrant Gujarat summits, 19 of them in initial stage: Gujarat govt
- Congress led Savarkundala municipality fails to pass budget