BJP holds anti-Pak protests in Jammu against Gowhar’s killingNovember 03, 2017
Jammu: The BJP today held anti-Pakistan protests and set afire the Pakistani national flag in Rajouri district here to protest the killing of a leader of the party’s youth wing, Gowhar Hussain Bhat, by militants.
Led by BJP MLA Ravinder Raina, the protesters held the marches in the border towns of Sunderbani and Noushera, and staged demonstrations amid the chanting of anti-Pakistan and anti-militants slogans.
They also burnt the national flag of Pakistan in both the places.
Calling the militants “cowards”, Raina said it was an attempt to silence the voices of people in Kashmir.
“He was killed when he was unarmed. They killed him in a cowardly manner. Militants can only do such cowardly acts,” Raina said.
“The martyrdom of Gowhar will not go waste. It will be the last nail in the coffin of the militancy sponsored by Pakistan in Kashmir,” he said.
The body of Bhat, aged 30, who was kidnapped by militants, was recovered from an orchard in Kiloora in Shopian district of South Kashmir yesterday with his throat slit.
- Chhotu Vasava led BTP in poll pact with Congress; will contest 3 seats on own symbol, another 3 on Congress symbol
- Congress releases second list of candidates for Gujarat assembly elections 2017
- Arun Jaitley's interaction with media persons in Ahmedabad
- Rupani couple has Rs 7 crore property, his rival Rajyaguru has Rs 141 crores property
- Gujarat polls, contest between anarchist, divisive forces on one side and stability, growth and progress on the other: Jaitley
- Gujarat BJP announces third list of candidates for assembly polls 2017