BJP holds anti-Pak protests in Jammu against Gowhar’s killingNovember 03, 2017
Jammu: The BJP today held anti-Pakistan protests and set afire the Pakistani national flag in Rajouri district here to protest the killing of a leader of the party’s youth wing, Gowhar Hussain Bhat, by militants.
Led by BJP MLA Ravinder Raina, the protesters held the marches in the border towns of Sunderbani and Noushera, and staged demonstrations amid the chanting of anti-Pakistan and anti-militants slogans.
They also burnt the national flag of Pakistan in both the places.
Calling the militants “cowards”, Raina said it was an attempt to silence the voices of people in Kashmir.
“He was killed when he was unarmed. They killed him in a cowardly manner. Militants can only do such cowardly acts,” Raina said.
“The martyrdom of Gowhar will not go waste. It will be the last nail in the coffin of the militancy sponsored by Pakistan in Kashmir,” he said.
The body of Bhat, aged 30, who was kidnapped by militants, was recovered from an orchard in Kiloora in Shopian district of South Kashmir yesterday with his throat slit.
- On DRI inputs Mundra Customs seizes smuggled good from container brought from Dubai
- Rupani to dedicate/launch Rs 494 crore projects in Surat, will open Udyog 2018 exhibition of SGCCI
- BSE’s India INX at GIFT city crosses Rs 2500 crore transaction mark
- PM Modi through power of innovation catapulting India into one of great powers of world:Netanyahu
- PM Modi inaugurates iCreate campus in Gujarat in presence of Israel PM
- Israeli PM accorded grand and colourful welcome in Gujarat, participates in half and hour 8 km long India Cultural Road Show