Submitted my report on quota demand in Gujarat to high-command: SibalNovember 05, 2017
Congress leader and senior lawyer Kapil Sibal today said that he has submitted his written report about reservation to the Patidar community in Gujarat to the party high-command and now the decision would be taken from the top level.
Talking to newsmen here after a meeting with former Gujarat Congress president Siddharth Patel and another party leader Babu Mangukiya (former advocate of PAAS leader Hardik Patel) on the issue, Sibbal said that he had verbally informed about his opinion and also submitted it in written to the high-command which will take a final call on it.
‘I have kept in mind the best interest of the poor people of Gujarat before submitting my opinion,’ he said.
Later Siddharth Patel indicated that the discussion was about EBC quota to non-reserved category rather than OBC quota to Patidar community (as demanded by Hardik from the BJP).
He said that various aspects of giving EBC quota to economically weaker sections in legal manner was discussed with Sibbal today.
- In videos: Two Patidar community events at same time, one for progress, another for politics
- Coherent administration, substantial and sustainable social growth and bottom-up approach: Rupani on 4 years of Modi govt in Centre
- Prime Minister to inaugurate Eastern Peripheral Expressway and Phase -I of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Health department inquiry team visit Adnai run G K hospital in Bhuj even as 111 children deaths confirmed this year
- Forest Guard attacked by Lioness in Gujarat
- Son of Gujarat completes four years as PM, far longer period compared to earlier Gujarati PM Morarji Desai; Gujarat Congress protests titling it as Vishwasghat Diwas, fields Narmada tweet row fame Rajiv Satav to lead it