Submitted my report on quota demand in Gujarat to high-command: SibalNovember 05, 2017
Congress leader and senior lawyer Kapil Sibal today said that he has submitted his written report about reservation to the Patidar community in Gujarat to the party high-command and now the decision would be taken from the top level.
Talking to newsmen here after a meeting with former Gujarat Congress president Siddharth Patel and another party leader Babu Mangukiya (former advocate of PAAS leader Hardik Patel) on the issue, Sibbal said that he had verbally informed about his opinion and also submitted it in written to the high-command which will take a final call on it.
‘I have kept in mind the best interest of the poor people of Gujarat before submitting my opinion,’ he said.
Later Siddharth Patel indicated that the discussion was about EBC quota to non-reserved category rather than OBC quota to Patidar community (as demanded by Hardik from the BJP).
He said that various aspects of giving EBC quota to economically weaker sections in legal manner was discussed with Sibbal today.
- Charas worth Rs 20 lakh seized, 2 nabbed in old Ahmedabad city
- Congress spreading lies about Bullet train funding, the party would be wiped out in 2019 LS polls:Vaghani
- One more lioness die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forests, lion deaths figure rises to 14
- Reports of Japan stopping funds for bullet train far from truth: NHSRCL
- Supported by Pakistan ministers Rahul speaking language of those who have no good intentions for India: Smriti in Gujarat
- 26 lakh visited Ambaji during Bhadarvi Punam fair, 1 kg gold received in donation on last day