Rajkot Congress leader Kashmira Nathwani joins BJPNovember 07, 2017
Rajkot: One of top visible faces of Rajkot unit of Congress party Kashmiraben Nathwani today joined ruling Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP) in presence of party president Amit Shah. Nathwani is national joint secretary of Lohana Maha Parishad.
Nathwani said, ‘I am daughter of Chimanbhai Shukla, an old Jan Sangh face. I have returned back to BJP family.’
She said she has rejoined BJP with permission of Shankersinh Bapu who had asked his supporters to join their choice of party. As my family is in BJP, I decided to rejoin BJP.’
Kashmiraben’s brother said his sister who is president of Rajkot Lohana Mahajan will work with family to make Vijaybhai Rupani and BJP victorious in Rajkot.
Nathwani is former general secretary of Gujarat Congress. She had once unsuccessfully contested against former BJP minister and Speaker Vajubhai Vala who is now Governor of Karnataka. Nathwani’s both brothers Kashyap and Nehal are BJP leaders in Rajkot. They believe Nathwani will influence Lohana voters in favour of Vijay Rupani who now represents the former constituency of Vaju Vala.
- CM dedicates civil work projects worth of Rs. 493.78 crore to residents of Surat
- Gujarat based multinational pharma major Torrent acquires US company Bio-Pharm Inc
- State level Republic day event this year in Mahesana, Governor to hoist tricolor in presence of CM
- Gujarat budget 2018-19 on February 20
- 7 suggestions Gujarat Finance Minister made before Centre in pre-budget meet at Delhi
- Kuwait's leading low cost airline Jazeera Airways starts direct flight to Ahmedabad