Congress to announce names of 70 candidates on Nov. 16: SolankiNovember 10, 2017
New Delhi: Gujarat Congress president Bharatsinh Solanki after attending a meeting of Central Election Committee(CEC) of Congress party at party’s national president Sonia Gandhi’s residence 10 Janpath said the names of Congress candidates for 70 seats will be announced on November 16. Solanki refused to share any more detail regarding selection of candidates.
Speaking to media persons, Gujarat Congress incharge Ashok Gehlot said the next meeting of CEC will take place within a week. He said seat wise names come to the meeting and they are discussed in order to make selection of candidates.He said the list will be out only after next meeting.
It is learnt that 70 of 89 candidates for seats that are going to poll in the first phase (Saurashtra and south Gujarat) are discussed. The next meeting is likely to take place on Nov. 16th after which first list is likely to be announced. 7 sitting MLAs are not going to get ticket. They are being consulted about whom they prefer as their replacement.
- AI flight to Newark via London with 130 passengers on board grounded at Ahmedabad Airport
- PM meets Global Oil and Gas Experts/CEOs
- Why don't your government arrest Alpesh Thakor; media asks Rupani in Uttar Pradesh
- Gujarat ACB nabs Mamlatdar of Dahod taking bribe for entry of land deal in record
- Another Gir lion found dead, prima facie seems natural death, PM report awaited
- Young lion rescued from deep well in rural Dhari area