Congress to announce names of 70 candidates on Nov. 16: SolankiNovember 10, 2017
New Delhi: Gujarat Congress president Bharatsinh Solanki after attending a meeting of Central Election Committee(CEC) of Congress party at party’s national president Sonia Gandhi’s residence 10 Janpath said the names of Congress candidates for 70 seats will be announced on November 16. Solanki refused to share any more detail regarding selection of candidates.
Speaking to media persons, Gujarat Congress incharge Ashok Gehlot said the next meeting of CEC will take place within a week. He said seat wise names come to the meeting and they are discussed in order to make selection of candidates.He said the list will be out only after next meeting.
It is learnt that 70 of 89 candidates for seats that are going to poll in the first phase (Saurashtra and south Gujarat) are discussed. The next meeting is likely to take place on Nov. 16th after which first list is likely to be announced. 7 sitting MLAs are not going to get ticket. They are being consulted about whom they prefer as their replacement.
- Over 10 office of Samrudh Jeevan cooperative raided and sealed in Gujarat
- Police foils Love-Jihad bid, nabs Muslim youth with married Gujarati girl from Mumbai airport
- Suzlon bags 500 MW wind power projects in Gujarat
- Advocates held angry demonstration in New Vadodara district court premises on the very first working day
- 22 MoUs signed in Civil Aviation sector in last two vibrant Gujarat summits, 19 of them in initial stage: Gujarat govt
- Congress led Savarkundala municipality fails to pass budget