Large number of empty chairs welcome Rahul in a hyped north Gujarat farmers rights rallyNovember 11, 2017
On the day one of the 4 th leg of the Navsarjan Gujarat Yatra of Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi large number of ’empty’ chairs were seen in one of his hyped farmers rally in this headquarter town of Sabrkantha district of North Gujarat.
Rahul was first opposed with black flags by a group of people near Municipality building in the town as his convoy was moving in the the city. They shouted Modi-Modi and showed black flags even as the luxury bus in which Rahul travels during these Yatras and other vehicles in his convoy crossed from there.
Later during the farmers rights rally of the party in a local ground here a large number of chairs at the venue were seen empty. This is being seen as a blow to the party’s claims of North Gujarat being a hub of the party in the state where it was in opposition for past 22 years.
During a meeting later Rahul attacked BJP and PM Narendra Modi in a somewhat different style. He tried his hands in Gujarati and in somewhat poorly tutored language he said that despite continuous visits by PM Modi, BJP president Amit Shah, Defence minister Nirmala Sitaraman and UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, BJP would not come back to power after December polls.
In what many see as a poll gimmick Rahul today again posed with children and took a selfie with an elderly man.
- Surat records near 40 temperature, met predicts gradual rise in mercury in next 2-3 days across Gujarat
- After seeing a rise of 32 cm in 5 days, water level of Narmada reservoir falling again slowly
- Amul to try grandma recipe, will launch Haldi-doodh (Turmeric Milk)
- Popular comedy serial Khichdi is back from 14th April with season 2
- Smriti Irani to launch action plan for aspirational district Narmada
- Amit Shah writes nine-page letter to Chandrababu Naidu