Massive gathering of Patidars in BJP candidate’s nomination rally in the Patidar hub of SuratNovember 20, 2017
A massive rally during nomination of BJP candidate and sitting MLA Kumar Kanani in Patidar dominant Varachha road assembly constituency of Surat district today seemingly told a different ‘tale’ than the claims of Congress and PAAS and reports of said-ban on the ruling party campaign.
More than six thousand motorcycles and around 20 thousand Patidar youths joined the rally that started from Jakat naka to culminate near Railway station.
Apart from people of other communities large number of Patidar youths in the rally wearing saffron scarfs and holding BJP flag made Kanani elated.
A few days ago there was said-Janta curfew in the area especially for BJP candidate and supporters. A few incidents of scuffle between PAAS supporters and BJP campaigners were also reported but today’s rally was seemingly telling a different tale.
An elated Kanani said that all the false claims of Congress and its backed PAAS are now exposed.
‘Patidars were and are with the BJP. Congress back PAAS had nothing to do with quota or anything they were agents of the opposition party concerned only about money. They are all exposed now. The Patidar community don’t give them a damn,’ he said.
‘Look at the massive crowd of Patidars in the rally. They were always with BJP and Narendra Modi,’ he said.
Minister and another local MLA from Surat Nanubhai Vanani, who was a Patidar like Kanani, said that Patidars were only concerned about Narendrabhai Modi and his development plank. BJP would win all the 16 seats of Surat district.
- Gujarat govt forms SIT to probe Patan self immolation incident
- Vadodara hit and run case accused released on bails within hours after surrender
- Parul University account clerk found dead; his letter reveals 'wrongdoings' of management
- Construction of new Narmada Maiya bridge in Bharuch 75% over
- ED seizes luxurious cars of Nirav Modi and his companies
- Udhna - Jalgaon double line project in final phase; Surat to benefit from it