Rupani protests classist tweet against PM Modi, Congress removes itNovember 21, 2017
Gandhinagar: Congress party today removed a classist tweet from verified twitter handle of Youth Congress’s magazine YuvaDesh after widescale protest online by number of social media handles including that of Gujarat Chief Minister.
In response to YuvaDesh meme, Gujarat Chief Minister twitted:This blatantly classist and anti-poor Tweet by the Youth Congress shows their mindset towards India’s poor. Does Crown Prince @OfficeOfRG support this?
Soon after Chief Minister’s protest which was echoed by number of others on social media, the Congress party removed the classist tweet which was described by many as anti-poor and shameful act.
- Lok Sabha passes bill to scrap no-detention policy
- 22 year old Muslim woman in Gujarat files complaint against husband over triple talaq
- 3 including woman organizer of fair in which deadly joy-ride accident took place , nabbed
- 16 single platform stations in Gujarat to get second platform soon
- Vibrant Gujarat StartUp and Technology Summit from October 11 to 13, 2018; upto Rs 3 crore prizes in offering for startups, innovators
- 48.40 lakh MSMEs registered in last 3 years: 4.86 lakh in Gujarat: MoS MSME replies RS MP Parimal Nathwani