Rupani protests classist tweet against PM Modi, Congress removes itNovember 21, 2017
Gandhinagar: Congress party today removed a classist tweet from verified twitter handle of Youth Congress’s magazine YuvaDesh after widescale protest online by number of social media handles including that of Gujarat Chief Minister.
In response to YuvaDesh meme, Gujarat Chief Minister twitted:This blatantly classist and anti-poor Tweet by the Youth Congress shows their mindset towards India’s poor. Does Crown Prince @OfficeOfRG support this?
Soon after Chief Minister’s protest which was echoed by number of others on social media, the Congress party removed the classist tweet which was described by many as anti-poor and shameful act.
- Vadodara hit and run case accused released on bails within hours after surrender
- Parul University account clerk found dead; his letter reveals 'wrongdoings' of management
- Construction of new Narmada Maiya bridge in Bharuch 75% over
- ED seizes luxurious cars of Nirav Modi and his companies
- Udhna - Jalgaon double line project in final phase; Surat to benefit from it
- EPFO cuts interest rate on EPF to 8.55% from 8.65%