Manmohan lied in Gujarat on my meetings with him on Narmada project: PM Modi at DhariNovember 27, 2017
Days after former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s claim that as the then Gujarat CM he had never met him to make a representation about the Sardar Sarovar dam project on Narmada river, PM Narendra Modi on Monday refuted his claim, saying his predecessor had lied and must have read it from a written script given to him by Congress high-command.
Addressing a public gathering in Amreli’s Dhari, Mr Modi said, “The Congress is trying to colour the election irresponsibly and with falsehood. In the past too, the elections had taken place but in this poll, the Congress is spreading unprecedented lies. This is the frustration of those people who took power in Delhi as their legacy.”
The reason behind it was that hate Gujarat, he added.
“You people just think, the Chief Minister (Modi) of the state had sat on a fast on the issue of Narmada so that the people of parching Kutch’s Kathiwara could get water. The then central government had to bent down and now the Prime Minister of that (UPA )government comes in Gujarat and says I never met him. Will this lie go down well with anyone? He must have read a written script given to him as he used to read.”
Modi accused the Congress of trying to campaign with the help of lies only.
Indirectly referring to Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi’s latest controversial and conflicting statement on data pertaining to unemployment in Gujarat, the Prime Minister said he talks without any substance. People who speak lie, cannot win faith of Gujarat’s people.
The Prime Minister also said that the Congress dislikes him because of his poor origins.
“Can a party stoop so low? Yes, a person belonging to a poor family has become PM. They do not fail to hide their contempt for this fact. Yes, I sold tea but I did not sell the nation,” he said.
In an indirect reference to Aam Aadmi Party, he said there is a new party whose style is to abuse and run away. And the over a century old Congress has also now adopted its style.
- IRSDC Statement on Surat Multi Model Transport Hub project
- 22 foreigner ladies nabbed from various spas in Rajkot and Valsad in Gujarat
- Vinay Shah scam: cash and items worth over Rs 50 lakh seized by CID-crime
- Rupani in Delhi highlights ‘VGGIS – 2019’ before industry captains and business tycoons
- Hardik demands for survey of Patidar community in Gujarat on the lines of the one regarding Marathas in neighbouring Maharashtra
- Scrapped notes of Rs 1000/500 of face value of over 69 lakhs recovered in South Gujarat, 2 arrested