PM Modi visits Mata no madh, performs puja of Ashapura before daylong whirlwind Gujarat tripNovember 27, 2017
PM Narendra Modi today visited famous ancient temple of Mother goddess Maa Ashapura at Matanamadh in Lakhpat taluka of Kutch district situated close to Indo-Pak border and performed Puja and Aarti there before start of his whirlwind poll campaign today during which he will address four public meetings in poll bound home state of Gujarat.
PM Modi who landed at Naliya airport arrived at the ancient temple which was a center of faith for lakhs of devotees in Gujarat and elsewhere. He is the first PM of India to visit the temple.
To the utter surprise and joy of many common devotees PM Modi met them in the temple premises.
He shook hands with them and greeted them. A group of woman and children flocked around him and he also obliged them by blessing them and shaking hands with them. He also blessed small children by putting his hand over their heads. He spent a few minutes with them and then requested them to allow others to come in a queue to meet him.
Modi spent around 20 minutes in the temple where the trustees of MatanaMadh Jagir trust welcomed him in person. He also had a chat with some of them. They also briefed him about the recent renovation work of the temple. Khengarji V. Jadeja, the representative of the temple trust said that PM Modi suggested them to start gliding like things on the lines of Ambaji temple to attract more people here.
Clad in while Kurta Pajama and a golden sleeveless khadi coat (Sadari) Modi also met other common visitors standing in the queue for darshan and shook hands with them too. They looked elated by seeing the PM from close quarters and shaking hands with him.
The temple situated at around 80 km from here was visited by lakhs of on-foot pilgrims during Navaratri. As per the name of the deity it is believed to fulfill the wishes of the devotees.
PM Modi would address the first meeting today at Lalan college ground in Bhuj and then at Jasdan in Rajkot, Dhari in Amreli and Kakodara in Surat.
- Chief Minister lays stone of Gujarat Sports University headquarters on 130-acre near Vadodara
- ACB Gujarat nabs State GST staffer, CA for taking bribe from shop owner
- S. Murali Krishna appointed new Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress
- Centre approves additional grant of Rs 1131 crore for Narmada project, Gujarat govt thanks the PM
- Kesar mango makes first presence of the season in Marketing yard