Dahej – Ghogha Ro-Ro ferry may carry vehicles by February 2018November 28, 2017
Bharuch: Dahej – Ghogha ro-ro ferry service is attracting average 55% passenger traffic at present. Number of pick-up points are set up on Dahej – Surat road route. Similarly transportation between Ghogha and Bhavnagar – Rajula is also facilitated now. Adani Group has been given contract for dredging. A two-year contract is worth Rs 48 crore. Initially dredging will be done for 6 meter draft. Later maintenance job will also be done by Adani. By end of January or start of February, ro-ro service will not just carry passengers but also vehicles. Ship for this purpose may arrive by January 25. These details were shared by operator Indigo company’s Chetanbhai Contractor.
- 305 kg heroin smuggling case: Gujarat ATS nabs another accused from Kashmir with suspected links with terrorists
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- Jain mandals against animal export from Tuna port in Kutch
- Apart from open ground, parking space will also be required for opening a school
- One dead, 3 injured in gas cylinder blast in road-side tea-snacks cabin
- Major fire in pharma company in Vapi GIDC, no loss of life or injury reported