Modi stops election speech mid way owing to Azan, Muslims hail itNovember 29, 2017
PM Narendra Modi today stopped his address mid way during an election meeting in Navsari of his home state Gujarat today to show respect to the ritual of Azan.
His speech was in full flow when he suddenly stopped mid way.
He kept silent for around 3 minutes during the Azan from a mosque for the evening or Magareeb Namaz.
PM Modi resumed his speech only after it was over. He himself said that he had stopped the speech owing to the Azan.
Local muslims hailed this gesture. Many of them said that contrary to the painted hardliner image, Modi showed that he respects all the religions. It was like a true secular person and a true leader of the nation.
- Lok Sabha passes bill to scrap no-detention policy
- 22 year old Muslim woman in Gujarat files complaint against husband over triple talaq
- 3 including woman organizer of fair in which deadly joy-ride accident took place , nabbed
- 16 single platform stations in Gujarat to get second platform soon
- Vibrant Gujarat StartUp and Technology Summit from October 11 to 13, 2018; upto Rs 3 crore prizes in offering for startups, innovators
- 48.40 lakh MSMEs registered in last 3 years: 4.86 lakh in Gujarat: MoS MSME replies RS MP Parimal Nathwani