Modi stops election speech mid way owing to Azan, Muslims hail itNovember 29, 2017
PM Narendra Modi today stopped his address mid way during an election meeting in Navsari of his home state Gujarat today to show respect to the ritual of Azan.
His speech was in full flow when he suddenly stopped mid way.
He kept silent for around 3 minutes during the Azan from a mosque for the evening or Magareeb Namaz.
PM Modi resumed his speech only after it was over. He himself said that he had stopped the speech owing to the Azan.
Local muslims hailed this gesture. Many of them said that contrary to the painted hardliner image, Modi showed that he respects all the religions. It was like a true secular person and a true leader of the nation.
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies
- 6 die as truck overturns and crush a car in Surendranagar district of Gujarat
- Property registration documents in Sub Registrar Offices now available online in Gujarat
- DRI nabs 2, seizes mefedron worth over 70 lakh