Modi stops election speech mid way owing to Azan, Muslims hail itNovember 29, 2017
PM Narendra Modi today stopped his address mid way during an election meeting in Navsari of his home state Gujarat today to show respect to the ritual of Azan.
His speech was in full flow when he suddenly stopped mid way.
He kept silent for around 3 minutes during the Azan from a mosque for the evening or Magareeb Namaz.
PM Modi resumed his speech only after it was over. He himself said that he had stopped the speech owing to the Azan.
Local muslims hailed this gesture. Many of them said that contrary to the painted hardliner image, Modi showed that he respects all the religions. It was like a true secular person and a true leader of the nation.
- Vadodara hit and run case accused released on bails within hours after surrender
- Parul University account clerk found dead; his letter reveals 'wrongdoings' of management
- Construction of new Narmada Maiya bridge in Bharuch 75% over
- ED seizes luxurious cars of Nirav Modi and his companies
- Udhna - Jalgaon double line project in final phase; Surat to benefit from it
- EPFO cuts interest rate on EPF to 8.55% from 8.65%