Adani group’s reaction to the allegation of Congress about power rateDecember 01, 2017
Ahmedabad: Reacting to Congress allegations over power purchase from private companies by Gujarat government, Adani Group spokesperson here said, “Adani Power Limited supplies electricity to the utilities of Gujarat under long term Power Purchase Agreements, entered through competitive bidding and duly approved by Regulatory Commission. The allegations made by a political spokesperson regarding higher costs of Adani Power’s electricity supply to Gujarat’s distribution companies are factually incorrect and misguiding.
Adani Power offers one of the cheapest power supplies to the people of Gujarat and other states and it is reflected in the Merit Order, being prepared and made available on website, of Gujarat State Load Dispatch Centre. As explained in the table below, the actual average rate of power supply to Gujarat utility from Adani for the last four years has been very attractive at Rs 2.65 per unit (kwh). In past also, spokespersons from the same political party have tried to misguide the media during elections. However, they have not been able to prove any of their charges since we as a responsible corporate citizen operate under the ambit of relevant legal and regulatory framework.
India has a highly regulated power sector to protect the interests of consumers and none of the stakeholders can disregard the same. At Adani Power, we are proud of ensuring energy security for the millions of people though uninterrupted electricity supply.”
|Year||Average Rate (Rs./kwh)|
|Average for 4 years||2.65|
- Gujarat govt forms SIT to probe Patan self immolation incident
- Vadodara hit and run case accused released on bails within hours after surrender
- Parul University account clerk found dead; his letter reveals 'wrongdoings' of management
- Construction of new Narmada Maiya bridge in Bharuch 75% over
- ED seizes luxurious cars of Nirav Modi and his companies
- Udhna - Jalgaon double line project in final phase; Surat to benefit from it