CM holds meeting to review preparedness of administration for ‘Okhi Cyclone’December 04, 2017
Ahmedabad, December 04, 2017: Gujarat Chief Minister Mr. Vijaybhai Rupani today held a prompt review meeting of the administration to take stock of the situation emerging out of possible hit to the state by the ‘Okhi’ Cyclone. The meeting was attended by the Chief Secretary and senior secretaries of the weather department as well as other departments of the state government.
In the meeting, the Chief Minister instructed to the administration to stay on alert and be prepared to ensure that the cyclone and subsequent rain do not adversely affect the crops.
Briefing about the preparedness of the districts, Chief Secretary Dr. J. N. Singh said that due to ‘Okhi’ Cyclone as many as 50 boats belong to the Kerala stated had taken shelter at Veraval.
Revenue Principal Secretary Mr. Pankaj Kumar had briefed the meeting about the precautionary planning made by the various government departments to ensure no major damage could be caused by the cyclone.
- Gujarat Science City demonstrates robots that work as waiter; India's first Robotics gallery to come up by mid-next year
- Ravindra and Rivaba Jadeja meet PM Narendra Modi in Delhi
- Gujarat CM visits Sardar Patel 's birth place in Nadiad
- Desalination, Recycling of water the way to go for Gujarat, explains Chief Minister
- Secretary of Dept of Defence Production, GoI, delivers lecture on Innovation for Defence Excellence at IIM-A
- Hardik Patel is a betrayer and loose character man who cares only for his own selfish motives, he will betray even Congress: Chirag Patel