CM holds meeting to review preparedness of administration for ‘Okhi Cyclone’December 04, 2017
Ahmedabad, December 04, 2017: Gujarat Chief Minister Mr. Vijaybhai Rupani today held a prompt review meeting of the administration to take stock of the situation emerging out of possible hit to the state by the ‘Okhi’ Cyclone. The meeting was attended by the Chief Secretary and senior secretaries of the weather department as well as other departments of the state government.
In the meeting, the Chief Minister instructed to the administration to stay on alert and be prepared to ensure that the cyclone and subsequent rain do not adversely affect the crops.
Briefing about the preparedness of the districts, Chief Secretary Dr. J. N. Singh said that due to ‘Okhi’ Cyclone as many as 50 boats belong to the Kerala stated had taken shelter at Veraval.
Revenue Principal Secretary Mr. Pankaj Kumar had briefed the meeting about the precautionary planning made by the various government departments to ensure no major damage could be caused by the cyclone.
- Gujarat all set to extend grand welcome to Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu tomorrow
- Drama around Dr. Togadia brings Chandramani hospital in news again
- Avoid Shahibaug when going to Ahmedabad airport tomorrow morning
- Reliance Jio to host the first Indian Digital Open Summit
- 'Tearful' Togadia tells his part of the story about his 'disappearance', claims he wanted to fly to Jaipur but fainted midway
- Police sources share details of Pravin Togadia's day-long drama