Modi slams Rahul Gandhi’s elevation as ‘Aurangzebi raj’ in Manishankar Aiyar’s wordsDecember 04, 2017
Dharampur: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday slammed Rahul Gandhi’s expected elevation as Congress president, dubbing it as “Aurangzebi raj” in Congress leader Manishshankar Aiyar’s words.
Without referring to the National Herald case, in which Rahul Gandhi had got bail, Modi, addressing a campaign rally in Valsad district of Gujarat, said, “Congress has gone bankrupt, as it is going to make a person who is out on bail in corruption case its president.”
Taking potshots at the opposition party, the prime minister said, “Mani Shanker Aiyar who was a minister in Congress government said ‘did elections happen during Mughal rule? After Jahangir, Shahjahan came, was any election held? After Shahjahan it was understood that Aurangzeb would be the leader.’
“Does the Congress accept that it is a family party? We don’t want this Aurangzeb rule,” Modi said.
Rahul Gandhi on Monday filed his nomination papers for the party’s chief post.
- Lion enters house, sits on pile of groundnut, stays there, photo goes viral
- Rs 11 crore Chhath Ghaat of AMC to be inaugurated on Tuesday
- Gujarat based Sayaji Industries commences new state-of-the-art Dextrose Monohydrate Plant
- Chairman railway board visits Gandhinagar Railway station redevelopment and five star hotel construction site
- PM Narendra Modi dedicates first multi modal terminal port in Varanasi
- Many senior BJP leaders also want to see Bavliya defeated in Jasdan by-poll: Gujarat Congress president Chavda