Modi slams Rahul Gandhi’s elevation as ‘Aurangzebi raj’ in Manishankar Aiyar’s wordsDecember 04, 2017
Dharampur: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday slammed Rahul Gandhi’s expected elevation as Congress president, dubbing it as “Aurangzebi raj” in Congress leader Manishshankar Aiyar’s words.
Without referring to the National Herald case, in which Rahul Gandhi had got bail, Modi, addressing a campaign rally in Valsad district of Gujarat, said, “Congress has gone bankrupt, as it is going to make a person who is out on bail in corruption case its president.”
Taking potshots at the opposition party, the prime minister said, “Mani Shanker Aiyar who was a minister in Congress government said ‘did elections happen during Mughal rule? After Jahangir, Shahjahan came, was any election held? After Shahjahan it was understood that Aurangzeb would be the leader.’
“Does the Congress accept that it is a family party? We don’t want this Aurangzeb rule,” Modi said.
Rahul Gandhi on Monday filed his nomination papers for the party’s chief post.
- In videos: Two Patidar community events at same time, one for progress, another for politics
- Coherent administration, substantial and sustainable social growth and bottom-up approach: Rupani on 4 years of Modi govt in Centre
- Prime Minister to inaugurate Eastern Peripheral Expressway and Phase -I of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Health department inquiry team visit Adnai run G K hospital in Bhuj even as 111 children deaths confirmed this year
- Forest Guard attacked by Lioness in Gujarat
- Son of Gujarat completes four years as PM, far longer period compared to earlier Gujarati PM Morarji Desai; Gujarat Congress protests titling it as Vishwasghat Diwas, fields Narmada tweet row fame Rajiv Satav to lead it