Gujarat govt seeks Centre’s nod to purchase additional 4 lakh mt groundnut at support priceJanuary 02, 2018
Rajkot: The government has purchased more than 6 lakh mt groundnut from farmers at support prices and paid around Rs 1900 crore to farmers.
As all godowns are full, the government has started taking private godowns on rent in order to store more groundnut stock.
The state government has proposed further purchase of 4 lakh mt groundnut from and sent this proposal to Centre.
Out of 253 centres, purchase at 7 centres has been suspended as instead of farmers, the traders were found selling groundnut.
The Centre had permitted 8 lakh mt groundnut purchase. The State government has not demanded approval for additional 4 lakh mt purchase. The government has hired 41 godowns only in Rajkot district. Process of hiring 51 godowns is on.
- Attempt to derail a train fails in Kutch
- Live: Prime Minister Narendra Modi flags off Surat Night Marathon 2018 in Gujarat
- After strong protest by India in DG level border meeting in Pakistan on regular illegal intrusion of boats in Indian territory, BSF intensifies patrol in Creek area
- School boy dies in accident during Cyclothon event in Vadodara
- Another Pakistani fishing boat seized from creek area adjoining Gujarat
- Body of yet another Asiatic lion found in Saurashtra region of Gujarat