Gujarat govt seeks Centre’s nod to purchase additional 4 lakh mt groundnut at support priceJanuary 02, 2018
Rajkot: The government has purchased more than 6 lakh mt groundnut from farmers at support prices and paid around Rs 1900 crore to farmers.
As all godowns are full, the government has started taking private godowns on rent in order to store more groundnut stock.
The state government has proposed further purchase of 4 lakh mt groundnut from and sent this proposal to Centre.
Out of 253 centres, purchase at 7 centres has been suspended as instead of farmers, the traders were found selling groundnut.
The Centre had permitted 8 lakh mt groundnut purchase. The State government has not demanded approval for additional 4 lakh mt purchase. The government has hired 41 godowns only in Rajkot district. Process of hiring 51 godowns is on.
- Two children injured as main gate of SMC run school falls
- AMC to soon launch Smart Parking App
- Budget allocation for agriculture doubled, MSP to include cost of family labour: PM Modi to farmers
- Live: PM Narendra Modi interacts with farmers via video
- 1.25 crore to participate in Yoga Day events across Gujarat, world record to be attempted
- Gujarat based businessmen booked by CBI in bank loan default case