Gujarat BJP to hold meeting of district presidents tomorrow to discuss strategy for upcoming local body pollsJanuary 03, 2018
A meeting of all the districts heads of BJP has been convened by party president Jeetu Vaghani tomorrow to discuss various issues mainly the strategy of the upcoming local body polls in Gujarat.
A party leader said that the meeting led by Vaghani himself to be held at Shrikamalam, the BJP state head quarter in Koba near here, would also be attended by various state level office bearers.
‘The main points to be discussed in the meeting would be the preparations and strategy for gaining ground in the rural areas in the coming local body polls and also to discuss threadbare the reasons behind the poor performance of the party in some areas especially where it lost its seats in the recent assembly polls,’ he said.
‘The party was quite serious about the local body polls to be held in February and also to be better prepared for 2019 Loksabha polls,’ he added.
Earlier during the first core committee meeting of Gujarat BJP held on the new year day and attended by CM Vijay Rupani, Dy CM Nitin Patel, Vaghani, Senior Ministers including Bhupendra Chudasama, R C Faldu, Ganpat Vasava etc the party’s prospects and preparations for the upcoming local body polls in Gujarat was discussed.
- Smriti Irani to launch action plan for aspirational district Narmada
- Amit Shah writes nine-page letter to Chandrababu Naidu
- First train from Detroj carrying Maruti cars to leave on Saturday
- RIL acquires stake in Saavn for JioMusic, forms India's largest platform for music; combined entity valued at over US$ 1 billion
- Tell us who all in India used your services: GoI in notice to Cambridge Analytica
- Arvind Limited launches CREYATE