MoS Home holds high level meeting in wake of caste violence in neighboring MaharashtraJanuary 03, 2018
In the wake of the ongoing caste violence in neighbouring Maharashtra, a high level meeting of the senior police officials of Gujarat led by Minister of State for Home Pradipsinh Jadeja was held here today to check any ripple effect in the state.
In-charge DGP Pramod Kumar, who also participated in the meeting, later told newsmen that all the district police heads and police commissioners have been instructed to remain alert and take all precautionary measures.
Meanwhile it is learnt that especial focus have been given to the areas where Dalit violence had erupted during Una atrocity incident. The police heads of those areas have been asked to coordinate with local dalit leaders and outfits to maintain the peace. A watch on the social media was also being kept to foil any attempt of rumour mongers to create problem.
It has also been instructed to the police heads to make proper arrangements for the peaceful organization of tomorrow’s memorandum handing over events by some Dalit outfits to the collectors and Mamlatdars.
Meanwhile the heat of the Maharashtra violence was somewhat felt in Southern part of the state with Dalit outfits holding demonstrations in Surat and Vapi. A bandh call has also been given in Surat tomorrow. Police has been instructed to take all precautionary measures in the wake of it also.
- Man dies after brutally thrashed in factory in Shapar Veraval; video goes viral
- Gujarat Govt approves Rs.900-crore project to make Tapi River pollution-free; CM launches Rs 492.60 crore projects in Surat
- Rs 61.12 crore Adajan Bus Port opens in Surat
- Rupani asks NRGs in USA to support ‘Jal Sanchay Abhiyan’ in Gujarat
- Gujarat govt, NASSCOM sign MoU to set up Centre of Excellence for IOT at IITGn
- News in brief from across Gujarat