Minister Parshottam Solanki to wait till expansion in council of minister to get another portfolioJanuary 04, 2018
In yet another relief to ruling BJP in Gujarat, Minister of Koli community Pashottam Solanki, who had created a ‘headache of sorts’ for the party by demanding additional portfolio for him today said that he would wait till the next expansion of council of ministers for it.
Talking to newsmen here Solanki said that he had a meeting with CM Vijay Rupani today and he told him to wait for around one and a half month and after that he would be given a good portfolio to him during cabinet expansion. “I have full faith in the CM and I will wait. I am not against BJP and will remain in the party all the time. I don’t want a cabinet rank and would be happy with some more portfolio with MoS rank itself,’ he said.
This bringing down of his tone is a good news for the BJP on a day when another senior BJP MLA Jetha Bharwad whose supporters had sought a ministerial berth for him also showed a very humble attitude saying that he did not want one and would continue to work as a small but dedicated worker of the party.
Earlier, two days ago close on heels of the high-voltage political drama on ‘annoyance’ of DyCM and senior BJP leader from Patidar community Nitin Patel over allocation of portfolios, Solanki had come forward complaining about the portfolio allocated to him.
Five time MLA and Minister of State for Fisheries Solanki had claimed that his community (Kolis) was aggrieved at the allocation of only one department to him. Despite meeting the senior minister Bhupendra Chudasama who acted as a messenger of the high command, Solanki had maintained an adamant posture.
- ACB nabs official in North Gujarat for taking bribe for sanction of house under PM housing scheme
- Gujarat govt gives in-principle approval to Bhadar river bridge, box-culvert in poll-bound Jasdan
- 3 draft TP of Ahmedabad, first draft of Pal TP scheme in Surat, Development Plan of JUDA approved
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- On tip off from NIA, Gujarat ATS nabs West Bengal linked fake currency note dealer
- Gujarat CM launches Ekta Yatra from Bardoli to create awareness about Statue of Unity