Public transport vehicle and car sales down in December, overall Industry grows in double digit: SIAMJanuary 11, 2018
Mumbai: Society of Indian Automobile Manufactures(SIAM) has shared the latest figures of automobile market in India:
The industry produced a total 21,415,719 vehicles including Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles, Three Wheelers, Two Wheelers and Quadricycle in April-December 2017 as against 19,247,352 in April-December 2016, registering a growth of 11.27 percent over the same period last year.
The sale of Passenger Vehicles grew by 8.13 percent in April-December 2017 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles, Passenger Cars, Utility Vehicle and Vans grew by 4.19 percent, 19.43 percent and 6.86 percent respectively in April-December 2017 over the same period last year.
The overall Commercial Vehicles segment grew by 15.19 percent in April-December 2017 as compared to the same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) increased by 9.27 percent and Light Commercial Vehicles grew by 19.29 percent in April-December 2017 over the same period last year.
Three Wheelers sales grew by 7.89 percent in April-December 2017 over the same period last year. Within the Three Wheelers, Passenger Carrier & Goods Carrier sales registered a growth of 8.25 percent and 6.39 percent respectively in April-December 2017 over April-December 2016.
Two Wheelers sales registered a growth at 11.76 percent in April-December 2017 over April-December 2016. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters and Motorcycles grew by 18.52 percent and 9.77 percent respectively, while Mopeds declined by (-) 6.15 percent in April-December 2017 over April-December 2016.
In April-December 2017, overall automobile exports increased by 13.01 percent. Two and Three Wheelers Segments registered a growth of 17.75 percent and 30.27 percent respectively, while Passenger Vehicles and Commercial Vehicles declined by (-) 3.40 percent and (-) 18.10 percent respectively in April-December 2017 over the same period last year.
- Chief Minister lays stone of Gujarat Sports University headquarters on 130-acre near Vadodara
- ACB Gujarat nabs State GST staffer, CA for taking bribe from shop owner
- S. Murali Krishna appointed new Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress
- Centre approves additional grant of Rs 1131 crore for Narmada project, Gujarat govt thanks the PM
- Kesar mango makes first presence of the season in Marketing yard