No E-chalan, E-memo till completion of Smart City projects: MoS Home GujaratJanuary 12, 2018
Gandhinagar: No more e-memo will be issued for traffic violation in Gujarat till the Smart city projects are completed, said minister of state for Home Pradipsinh Jadeja here today.
‘The state government has implemented CSITMS, Smart City and CCTV projects under public private partnership. Among them the Smart City Project is likely to complete in next four months. At present, automatic and manual e-chalan is generated through CCTV footage in cases of traffic violation following which E-memo is sent to home. However it is found that due to some technical errors, wrong e-memo are issued and sent to the citizens in some cases. The Chief Minister had received details of such errors following which the State government took decision to halt the e-memo process till complete implementation of Smart City project in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot, Surat, Gandhinagar, Morbi, Bhavnagar and other cities. E-chalans will be sent to citizens only after final implementation of Smart City project’, Jadeja said.
- Vadgam MLA Jignesh Mevani booked on school principal's complaint over a tweet
- Jamnagar BJP Councillor reaches Ass. Commissioner's office with stick in hand, creates ruckus, video goes viral
- Nitin appeals State doctors to withdraw their June 17 strike call
- PM's opening remark in NITI Aayog meet: Making India a 5 trillion dollar economy, harnessing water resources, doubling income of farmers
- By-polls for two vacant seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat announced; Schedule same, notification and polling for each seat separately
- Fake call center involved in duping US citizens busted in Vadodara city of Gujarat, 2 arrested