Four senior Supreme Court judges address press conference against Chief Justice of IndiaJanuary 12, 2018
New Delhi: The second senior most judge in the Supreme Court J Chelameswar joined by Justices Ranjan Gogoi, M B Lokur and Kurian Josephtoday addressed a press conference at Justice Chelameswar’s residence in Delhi and said the administration of nation’s top court was not in order.
Justice J Chelameshwar said they were compelled to act in this way because the Chief Justice whom the met today morning could not be persuaded to mend the ways of the court.When asked whether the CJI should be impeached, Justice Chelameshwar said that it was for the country to decide.
Justice Ranjan Gogoi said they gave a letter to the Chief Justice of India a few months ago. Chelameshwar said democracy in India would not survive without an institution as important as the Supreme Court, and a free judiciary.
A seven page letter released by four Judges
- Anandiben Patel to become Governor of Madhya Pradesh, formal announcement awaited
- AMC commissioner's draft budget for 2018-19; presentation doccument
- BOT period over, no more toll tax on Chhani railway over bridge: Govt
- ST certificate of MLA Bhupendra Khant cancelled: Tribal Development Commissioner
- ECI recommends to the President disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs in Delhi
- India's public cloud market to rise by 53%: Akash Ambani