Notification for 14th Gujarat assembly issued, MLAs to take oath after a long wait after KamuhrtaJanuary 12, 2018
The notification for newly elected 14 th Gujarat legislative assembly has been issued and now the elected MLAs will take oath on January 23.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Pradipsinh Jadeja today informed this.
He said that the notification for the 14 th assembly has been issued. Now as per the constitutional provisions the elected members would be administered oath of office. For this the process to appoint an protem speaker has also been started.
After the appointment of Protem speaker (temporary one for swearing in and till the election of a regular one) the elected members will be administered oath of office on January 23 in Swarnim Sankul premises.
Notably the assembly election for 182 member house was held in two phases on December 9 and 14 and the counting of votes was done on December 18. BJP has got 99 seats while Congress has won 77 seats, 2 MLAs were of BTP, 1 of NCP while remaining 3 were independents. Of the independents one is Congress supported and another one has supported the party while one has announced support to BJP.
The swearing in ceremony of CM Vijay Rupani for the second consecutive terms along with his council of ministers had taken place on December 26.
- Gandhi museum at Rajkot decorated with lighting ahead of inauguration by PM Modi
- 30 peacock/peahens die after consuming poisonous wheat/grains in Kutch
- SP in Gujarat sends circular to police stations that talks of police-bootleggers nexus
- Gujarat govt declares scarcity in 6 more talukas, water theft from Narmada canals to be prevented
- Reliance Industries partners Vardhman Textiles to develop innovative R|Elan fabric
- Gujarat headquartered Shubham Polyspin Ltd IPO opens on September 28