Padmavat not to release in Gujarat: Vijay RupaniJanuary 12, 2018
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today reiterated that upcoming Hindi movie Padmavati will not be allowed to release in Gujarat. The film made by Mumbai based Sanjay Leela Bhansali has received CBFC certificate for release after agreement on some changes including a change in film’s title in view of opposition by Rajput community outfit Karni Sena. However Gujarat government has still maintained its pre-election stand and made it clear that the film will not release in Gujarat.
“We had said it earlier too. And we had issued an order that Padmavat movie will not be allowed to release in Gujarat and our same order is continuing and therefore there’s no scope of release of this film. Till the time we issue some new order, the film is not going to release in Gujarat,” Rupani said in reply to media query after Gujarat Technological University(GTU)’s convocation function here.
- Anandiben Patel to become Governor of Madhya Pradesh, formal announcement awaited
- AMC commissioner's draft budget for 2018-19; presentation doccument
- BOT period over, no more toll tax on Chhani railway over bridge: Govt
- ST certificate of MLA Bhupendra Khant cancelled: Tribal Development Commissioner
- ECI recommends to the President disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs in Delhi
- India's public cloud market to rise by 53%: Akash Ambani