Padmavat not to release in Gujarat: Vijay RupaniJanuary 12, 2018
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today reiterated that upcoming Hindi movie Padmavati will not be allowed to release in Gujarat. The film made by Mumbai based Sanjay Leela Bhansali has received CBFC certificate for release after agreement on some changes including a change in film’s title in view of opposition by Rajput community outfit Karni Sena. However Gujarat government has still maintained its pre-election stand and made it clear that the film will not release in Gujarat.
“We had said it earlier too. And we had issued an order that Padmavat movie will not be allowed to release in Gujarat and our same order is continuing and therefore there’s no scope of release of this film. Till the time we issue some new order, the film is not going to release in Gujarat,” Rupani said in reply to media query after Gujarat Technological University(GTU)’s convocation function here.
- Lion enters house, sits on pile of groundnut, stays there, photo goes viral
- Rs 11 crore Chhath Ghaat of AMC to be inaugurated on Tuesday
- Gujarat based Sayaji Industries commences new state-of-the-art Dextrose Monohydrate Plant
- Chairman railway board visits Gandhinagar Railway station redevelopment and five star hotel construction site
- PM Narendra Modi dedicates first multi modal terminal port in Varanasi
- Many senior BJP leaders also want to see Bavliya defeated in Jasdan by-poll: Gujarat Congress president Chavda