Padmavat not to release in Gujarat: Vijay RupaniJanuary 12, 2018
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today reiterated that upcoming Hindi movie Padmavati will not be allowed to release in Gujarat. The film made by Mumbai based Sanjay Leela Bhansali has received CBFC certificate for release after agreement on some changes including a change in film’s title in view of opposition by Rajput community outfit Karni Sena. However Gujarat government has still maintained its pre-election stand and made it clear that the film will not release in Gujarat.
“We had said it earlier too. And we had issued an order that Padmavat movie will not be allowed to release in Gujarat and our same order is continuing and therefore there’s no scope of release of this film. Till the time we issue some new order, the film is not going to release in Gujarat,” Rupani said in reply to media query after Gujarat Technological University(GTU)’s convocation function here.
- PM Modi to dedicate Rs 4000 crore development projects in Madhya Pradesh tomorrow
- PM to inaugurate the third AIIB annual meeting 2018 in Mumbai
- 90 foreign national given Indian citizenship at Ahmedabad district collector office
- Student found murdered in School toilet in Vadodara
- Even as Monsoon wait continues, Gujarat is 94% rain deficient this June so far
- President of Seychelles to start his India trip by with visit to IIMA and GFSU in Gujarat today