Gujarat govt issues new notification banning upcoming Hindi movie PadmavatJanuary 14, 2018
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government has issued formal notification banning upcoming Hindi film Padmavat to ‘maintain law and order’ situation in the State in ‘public interest’.
The ban has been put under Gujarat Cinemas(Regulation)Act, 2004 section 6(1). As per the notification, no cinema owners or distributors shall exhibit ‘Padmavat’ in any cinema/multiplex/video cinema/touring cinema etc., within the jurisdiction of the State of Gujarat.
Gujarat government had banned Padmavati earlier too. Later CBFC had given certificate to Padmavati with condition that its name should be changed to Padmavat. The government has therefore issued newer notification. Chief Minister Rupani had recently said the ban in Gujarat on Padmavat will continue.
Minister of State for Home Pradipsinh Jadeja told media persons that common man and society’s feelings are hurt when Indian culture is presented in distorted manner.
- Attempt to derail a train fails in Kutch
- Live: Prime Minister Narendra Modi flags off Surat Night Marathon 2018 in Gujarat
- After strong protest by India in DG level border meeting in Pakistan on regular illegal intrusion of boats in Indian territory, BSF intensifies patrol in Creek area
- School boy dies in accident during Cyclothon event in Vadodara
- Another Pakistani fishing boat seized from creek area adjoining Gujarat
- Body of yet another Asiatic lion found in Saurashtra region of Gujarat