Rahul Gandhi attends Republic Day Parade sitting in middle rowJanuary 26, 2018
New Delhi: Congress president Rahul Gandhi attended the 69th Republic Day Parade at the Rajpath here today sitting in sixth row with Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha and Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad.
Congress had yesterday complained that its President was relegated to a seat in the fourth row.
A Congress leader had yesterday alleged that by not allocating a seat to the Congress president in the front row, the Modi government was resorting to “cheap politics”.Congress sources said the party president had always been seated in the front row since Independence.
Ministry of Defense sources said, Rahul Gandhi was earlier allocated a seat in the fourth row. However, his seat was changed to 6th row on the request of SPG citing security reasons regarding ease of escape. On the request of SPG, Rahul was given a corner seat in the 6th Row.
- Jio parters with Star to provide India-Cricket content to Jio users
- Emami Paper Mills Ltd to invest 2,000 crore in Gujarat; foundation stone laid for the plant in Bhauch
- None of 11 lions found dead in 2 ranges of Gir East forest were infected by virus:Gujarat Forest department chief
- PM Modi may visit Gujarat again in next fortnight
- SMC standing committee completes formality about rise in corporators salary
- Rahul's statement against PM shows his sanskar and also that he can lie in parliament: Smriti Irani in Surat