Rahul Gandhi attends Republic Day Parade sitting in middle rowJanuary 26, 2018
New Delhi: Congress president Rahul Gandhi attended the 69th Republic Day Parade at the Rajpath here today sitting in sixth row with Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha and Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad.
Congress had yesterday complained that its President was relegated to a seat in the fourth row.
A Congress leader had yesterday alleged that by not allocating a seat to the Congress president in the front row, the Modi government was resorting to “cheap politics”.Congress sources said the party president had always been seated in the front row since Independence.
Ministry of Defense sources said, Rahul Gandhi was earlier allocated a seat in the fourth row. However, his seat was changed to 6th row on the request of SPG citing security reasons regarding ease of escape. On the request of SPG, Rahul was given a corner seat in the 6th Row.
- Non-seasonal rain in South and Central Gujarat
- 4 injured, car, bike torched in communal violence in Matar town of Central Gujarat
- Gujarat govt takes fresh decision regarding scarcity situation; a team to visit Punjab
- Drone visuals of Kartiki Purnima fair at Somnath
- Dahej - Ghogha ro-pax ferry ship halted in sea after high temperature alarm rings
- Wankaner palace antiquities theft case solved, 100% silver recovered but in biscuit form