Rahul Gandhi attends Republic Day Parade sitting in middle rowJanuary 26, 2018
New Delhi: Congress president Rahul Gandhi attended the 69th Republic Day Parade at the Rajpath here today sitting in sixth row with Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha and Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad.
Congress had yesterday complained that its President was relegated to a seat in the fourth row.
A Congress leader had yesterday alleged that by not allocating a seat to the Congress president in the front row, the Modi government was resorting to “cheap politics”.Congress sources said the party president had always been seated in the front row since Independence.
Ministry of Defense sources said, Rahul Gandhi was earlier allocated a seat in the fourth row. However, his seat was changed to 6th row on the request of SPG citing security reasons regarding ease of escape. On the request of SPG, Rahul was given a corner seat in the 6th Row.
- Atyare chunav roki do anne Pakistan ne thoki do, there should be condolence meeting in Paksitan before LS election: Gujarat minister
- Reliance Foundation reaches out to families of Pulwama CRPF martyrs
- Armed forces are given free-hand, punishment will be given for sure to those behind terror attack, keep patience and trust our jawans: PM Modi
- Surat getting three new trains, new double track line to Jalgaon
- Ahmedabad Crime Branch quiz Teesta and Javed in fund embezzlement case
- 2 more Swine flu deaths today, 89 new cases with maximum 40 in Ahmedabad city