502 Ahir couples tie knot at mass marriage function in SuratFebruary 05, 2018
Surat: Gujarat Chief Minister Mr. Vijaybhai Rupani today greeted and blessed 502 newly wedded, young couples of Ahir community at mass marriage organized by Ahir Seva Samaj Samiti on its 25th silver jubilee mass marriage function held in Surat.
The Chief Minister said that under its schemes of ‘Kunvarbai nu mameru’ and ‘SaatFera’, the Gujarat Government had given assistance of Rs. 2-crore to the young girls of Ahir comunity in mass marriage functions in last four years. These 502 couples would also be given assistance of Rs. 1.10-crore by the state government. Besides this, Mr. Rupani also announced allocation of a land plot in Ahmedabad for building a hostel for boy and girl students of Ahir community.
The chief minister also urged the leaders of Ahir community to come forward to fight against bad customs and to undertake responsibility to solve education and health problems of their community.
Others who spoke also included minister of state for social justice and rights Mr. Vasanbhai Ahir, President of Ahir Seva Samaj Samiti Mr. Jairambhai Vala and others.
The function was also attended by Union Minister Mr. Hanshrajbhai Ahir, Mayor Mrs. Ashmitaben Shiroya, opposition leader Mr. Pareshbhai Dhanani, MPs Mr. C. R. Patil and Mrs. Poonamben Madam, MLAs Mrs. Sangeetben Patil, Zanknaben Patel, Jawaharbhai Chavda, police commissioner Mr. Satish Verma, district collector Mr. Mahendra Patel, and others.
- Driver of bank cash van flees with estimated Rs 2 crore cash in Ahmedabad
- Polling for 4-seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat on March 23, if required
- Gujarat CM replies debate on Motion of Thanks to Governor’s address to Assembly
- BJP wins Kheda district panchayat, improves overall performance compared to 2013, Congress wins Banaskantha
- Ahmedabad gets Central Command and Control Centre at Paldi
- 2.10 lakh tourists in Rann Utsav, govt earned Rs 4.60 crore