JioTV to broadcast the Winter Olympic Games PyeongChang 2018 Live across IndiaFebruary 08, 2018
Mumbai: Jio TV, India’s popular TV app with millions of users, announced today that it has been awarded India digital rights of the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). JioTV will work with IOC to provide comprehensive coverage of the Games in India, thus enabling millions to access live and catch-up content on their mobile devices, on the move.
The Olympic Winter Games are scheduled from February 9 – 25, 2018 at PyeongChang County, South Korea. Featuring 102 events in 15 sports including Skiing, Skating, Luge, Ski Jumping, Ice Hockey, Snow Boarding, etc., the Games will see participation from more than 90 countries, including India.
JioTV will be creating several exclusive channels on its platform to stream 24×7 live action and content of the Games and will also provide a seven-day catch up feature for consumers to watch the action again at their convenience. The events coverage will include live broadcast, highlight packages and repeat programming, thus enabling fans to enjoy the Games comprehensively.
In addition to working with JioTV, the IOC’s multi-platform media destination, the Olympic Channel, will also stream live coverage of the Games in India.
- ACB nabs official in North Gujarat for taking bribe for sanction of house under PM housing scheme
- Gujarat govt gives in-principle approval to Bhadar river bridge, box-culvert in poll-bound Jasdan
- 3 draft TP of Ahmedabad, first draft of Pal TP scheme in Surat, Development Plan of JUDA approved
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- On tip off from NIA, Gujarat ATS nabs West Bengal linked fake currency note dealer
- Gujarat CM launches Ekta Yatra from Bardoli to create awareness about Statue of Unity