Gujarat govt to bring law to protect the reservation benefits of SC, ST, OBCFebruary 12, 2018
Surat: Minister of Tribal Development and Forest Mr. Ganpatsinh Vasava said that the state government has made a historic decision in which it will introduce a law for the protection of the rights of the tribals, dalits and OBCs. Minister of Social Justice and and Empowerment Mr. Ishwar Parmar was also present during the same.
In a press conference organized at the Surat Circuit house, Mr. Vasava said that the government will make a provision of imprisonment for a period of three years and a fine upto Rs. 50 thousand for people helping others or people producing fraudulent certificates of their caste to get a government job, educational benefits, benefits in the elections or any other benefits of the kind. Moreover, the minister announced that reservations have been made in the constitution in order to protect the rights of the backward classes, tribals, and the dalits. The state government is firm in its resolve to follow the same.
People getting a job by producing fake certificates shall be fired from the service and they shall be liable to pay back all the benefits that they have received during their tenure. The government will cancel the degree certificates and take necessary steps against all those who got admission into educational institutes through such malpractices. They will also have to pay back the benefits that they received during the course of their study.
Election candidates winning the electoral procedure on the basis of caste by producing fake caste certificates shall have their candidature cancelled and shall be liable to return the benefits that they have received during the course of their period. The minister said that, “There will be a strict scrutiny of the constitutionally reserved places by the Caste Certificate Scrutiny Committee in the areas of education, government jobs and elections.”
- Gujarat loses over 18 lakh mobile numbers in March, but Jio adds 5.71 lakh and BSNL adds 43,000 numbers
- 28 centres for counting of votes for 26 Lok Sabha, 4 assembly seats in Gujarat
- Leader of Opposition Paresh Dhanani terms those who voted for Modi as fools
- PSLV-C46 successfully launches RISAT-2B
- Rs. 100 lakh crore investment in infra sector, Rs. 25 lakh crore in farm and rural sectors: NDA resolution
- Anil Ambani to withdraw defamation suits against Congress leaders others in Ahmedabad court