PM Narendra Modi to flag off Surat Night Marathon on February 25February 12, 2018
Surat: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Surat on February 25 to flag off the Run for New India marathon.
The Prime Minister will flag off the Marathon at Raghvir party plot on University road in presence of Gujarat Chief Minister and other leaders.
The organizers said they have appointed brand ambassadors to propagate the event in Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Pune, Vapi, Valsad, Bilimora, Navsari, Bardoli, Vyara etc places.
The organizers are trying to break world record of highest participation in marathon event by attracting 1.5 lakh runners. One who completes the marathon run will get deposit money back, said organizers.
The marathon event will be linked to seven themes including Swachch Bharat Abhiyan, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, Tapi Cleaning and Digital India.
The final route of marathon event is yet to be finalized.
10 km short marathon, 21 km half marathon, 42 km full marathon, 5 km start up marathon are some of the themes included in this year’s night marathon.
Last year around 58,000 had participated in Run for Tapi event.
The organizers are trying to rope in famous singer Kailash Kher, Delhi based Mungfali band and other entertainers to cater entertainment on the route of marathon.
- States to be offered three schemes for cost plus 50% price to farmers: Niti Aayog Vice Chairman in Gujarat
- Rs 98 lakh bank cash van loot: main accused Sudhir Baghel held from Uttar Pradesh
- Chief Minister lays stone of Gujarat Sports University headquarters on 130-acre near Vadodara
- ACB Gujarat nabs State GST staffer, CA for taking bribe from shop owner
- S. Murali Krishna appointed new Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress