PM Narendra Modi to flag off Surat Night Marathon on February 25February 12, 2018
Surat: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Surat on February 25 to flag off the Run for New India marathon.
The Prime Minister will flag off the Marathon at Raghvir party plot on University road in presence of Gujarat Chief Minister and other leaders.
The organizers said they have appointed brand ambassadors to propagate the event in Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Pune, Vapi, Valsad, Bilimora, Navsari, Bardoli, Vyara etc places.
The organizers are trying to break world record of highest participation in marathon event by attracting 1.5 lakh runners. One who completes the marathon run will get deposit money back, said organizers.
The marathon event will be linked to seven themes including Swachch Bharat Abhiyan, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, Tapi Cleaning and Digital India.
The final route of marathon event is yet to be finalized.
10 km short marathon, 21 km half marathon, 42 km full marathon, 5 km start up marathon are some of the themes included in this year’s night marathon.
Last year around 58,000 had participated in Run for Tapi event.
The organizers are trying to rope in famous singer Kailash Kher, Delhi based Mungfali band and other entertainers to cater entertainment on the route of marathon.
- Pulwama attack masterminded by Jaish, ISI: 15 corps commander LT Gen KJS Dhillon
- 'Pakistan will not think twice to retaliate back if India retaliates': Imran Khan
- Live: Gujarat budget 2019 ( vote on account )
- BJP - Shiv Sena announce alliance for upcoming Lok Sabha and Maharshtra assembly polls
- 2 more deaths due to swine flu in Gujarat, 94 new cases registered, total toll over 65
- Single helpline number 112 for all emergency services from tomorrow; effective in 7 districts of Gujarat in first phase