Protem Speaker, former MLA, quota agitation leader convicted by Morbi courtFebruary 12, 2018
Morbi: A magisterial court of Morbi today convicted Protem Speaker of Gujarat Assembly, Neema Acharya who is also BJP MLA of Bhuj; former BJP MLA from Morbi, Kantilal Amrutiya and Patidar quota agitation leader Manoj Panara of violating model code of conduct of election during 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
The court has found the trio guilty of trying to lure voters, and sentenced them to 1 year of simple imprisonment along with fine of Rs 1000 each. However, the court granted suspension of sentence for month to enable the convicts to appeal against the guilty verdict.
- Rabi Crops sowing in Gujarat very slow, so far 42% less than last year
- Junagadh, Porbandar to get water supply every third day
- Volunteery services of Kutchi gentleman to shine in Kaun Banega Crorepati episode
- Reliance Jio launches India’s first VOLTE international roaming
- Dahej - Ghogha ro-pax ferry service timings to change from 1 December
- Gujarat govt. refutes Congress allegation over contract with Vodafone