Protem Speaker, former MLA, quota agitation leader convicted by Morbi courtFebruary 12, 2018
Morbi: A magisterial court of Morbi today convicted Protem Speaker of Gujarat Assembly, Neema Acharya who is also BJP MLA of Bhuj; former BJP MLA from Morbi, Kantilal Amrutiya and Patidar quota agitation leader Manoj Panara of violating model code of conduct of election during 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
The court has found the trio guilty of trying to lure voters, and sentenced them to 1 year of simple imprisonment along with fine of Rs 1000 each. However, the court granted suspension of sentence for month to enable the convicts to appeal against the guilty verdict.
- Gujarat High Court extends protection against arrest to Teesta Setalvad and her husband Javed
- Cloudy weather/light rain in southern Gujarat from May 30:IMD
- Surat police seeks addition of 1306 CCTV cameras to cover the gaps in vigil
- Two arrested for anchoring a ship without permission at Magdalla Jetty of ABG; measures taken to prevent damage to ONGC bridge
- Passport issuance delay at Ahmedabad RPO: Sushma Swaraj seeks reply from officer
- Bodies of lion cub and leopard found at different places in Tulsishyam range of Gir