Protem Speaker, former MLA, quota agitation leader convicted by Morbi courtFebruary 12, 2018
Morbi: A magisterial court of Morbi today convicted Protem Speaker of Gujarat Assembly, Neema Acharya who is also BJP MLA of Bhuj; former BJP MLA from Morbi, Kantilal Amrutiya and Patidar quota agitation leader Manoj Panara of violating model code of conduct of election during 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
The court has found the trio guilty of trying to lure voters, and sentenced them to 1 year of simple imprisonment along with fine of Rs 1000 each. However, the court granted suspension of sentence for month to enable the convicts to appeal against the guilty verdict.
- Reliance Industries Limited to acquire stake in Eros International PLC
- GUJCET 2018 to be conducted on April 23
- Aga Khan to visit Gujarat
- Reliance Jio among world’s 50 Most Innovative Companies (MIC) for 2018
- Essar Oilfields awarded drilling contract by GAIL for five wells in Cambay basin of Gujarat
- Major jolt to Hardik, discharge-plea in sedition case rejected by court