Chief Secretary visits Narmada dam, says water level low but no issue in drinking water supplyFebruary 13, 2018
Chief Secretary J N Singh today visited Sardar Sarovar Dam in Kevadiya of Narmada district after which he said that the water level in the all important dam was in fact low.
He, however, said that despite it there won’t be any dearth of drinking water for people of Gujarat.
Talking to newsmen Singh said that though there won’t be any supply for irrigation of summer crops, the drinking water supply would remain as usual. The water from irrigation tunnels would be reverted for drinking purposes.
He also said that looking at the lowering level of water in the reservoir, a cap on the daily discharge has also been put.
Notably, Singh had earlier sought reports from all the district collectors and Municipal commissioners about water needs and availability during coming summer.
Singh, today also visited the site of statue of unity project on Sadhu bet near Kevadiya for physical review it progress.
He said that the project will see completion by October end.
- Nitin Patel rubbishes rumors being spread on social media about him; CM finds such trash on social media not worth reacting
- Over 500 junior doctors of Ahmedabad civil hospital on flash strike again
- Social media lauds AMC's strict actions against litterers as videos go viral
- RIL partners with PROLINE to co-brand sports apparels
- Honda not in hurry for car plant in Gujarat
- Bhavnagar to get Rs 80 crore regional science museum