Gujarat Congress issues show cause to 50 district/taluka level leadersFebruary 13, 2018
Congress has reportedly issued show cause notices to around 50 of its district/taluka level leaders for their said involvement in anti-party activities.
They have been asked to reply within 5 days.
A party leader said that all of them were likely to be shown the door (ousted) from the party after their formal reply/expiry of the time given to them for it.
Meanwhile, ruling BJP has ousted 9 of its local leaders in Karjan taluka of Vadodara district for similar reasons.
Notably, in the election season for several local bodies, such actions were not uncommon.
Meanwhile, Former District Panchayat President of Banaskantha, Rajendra Joshi who had earlier left Congress and switched over to BJP, also today rejoined Congress with his team ahead of district panchayat election.
- Congress links Gujaratis to fraud crimes; attracts sharp reactions in response
- Railways transport trucks loaded with goods from Gujarat to South India in new Ro-Ro service
- Rahul Gandhi's claim on SPG - RSS a lie: MHA issues clarification
- Foundation stone laid for 44 km 6-lane conversion of Sarkhej - Gandhinagar - Chiloda highway
- Sikkim now on country's aviation map; PM Narendra Modi opens India's 100th airport at Pakyong
- Latest and perhaps last spell of monsoon in Gujarat adds around 5% to rain-average in parching North and East Central regions