Gujarat Congress issues show cause to 50 district/taluka level leadersFebruary 13, 2018
Congress has reportedly issued show cause notices to around 50 of its district/taluka level leaders for their said involvement in anti-party activities.
They have been asked to reply within 5 days.
A party leader said that all of them were likely to be shown the door (ousted) from the party after their formal reply/expiry of the time given to them for it.
Meanwhile, ruling BJP has ousted 9 of its local leaders in Karjan taluka of Vadodara district for similar reasons.
Notably, in the election season for several local bodies, such actions were not uncommon.
Meanwhile, Former District Panchayat President of Banaskantha, Rajendra Joshi who had earlier left Congress and switched over to BJP, also today rejoined Congress with his team ahead of district panchayat election.
- Om Mathur arrives in Gujarat on his first visit after re-appointment as Gujarat BJP in-charge
- Ahmedabad Flower Show 2019 of AMC opens at Sabarmati Riverfront
- Gujarat ACB nabs woman drug inspector in Jamnagar taking bribe
- Only BJP stands with Kerala and its culture: PM Modi lashes out at LDF, UDF over Sabarimala
- 19 leading industry captains, CEOs to attend Vibrant Summit – 2019
- Teaching staff of state govt universities, affiliated granted govt & private colleges to get salary as per 7th Pay panel from Jan – 2019:CM