80 lakh quintal groundnut worth Rs 3,639 crore purchased at MSP: Gujarat govtFebruary 14, 2018
Gandhinagar: The Agriculture Directorate, Government of Gujarat today said it has so far purchased 80,87,071 quintal groundnut worth Rs 3,639.18 crore from the farmers at Minimum Support Price(MSP) since October 25 last year.
A note issued by the government said NAFED has so far paid Rs 2,833.64 crore to farmers by depositing the amount directly in their bank accounts of farmers using transparent online mode.
The government further said that it has provided Rs 416.35 crore revolving fund.
The process of payment to rest of farmers is underway, said Agriculture Director of State government.
- States to be offered three schemes for cost plus 50% price to farmers: Niti Aayog Vice Chairman in Gujarat
- Rs 98 lakh bank cash van loot: main accused Sudhir Baghel held from Uttar Pradesh
- Chief Minister lays stone of Gujarat Sports University headquarters on 130-acre near Vadodara
- ACB Gujarat nabs State GST staffer, CA for taking bribe from shop owner
- S. Murali Krishna appointed new Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress