PM Modi likely to launch Daman – Diu helicopter service, Ahmedabad – Diu flight service on February 25February 14, 2018
Daman: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit union territory Daman on February 25.
The Prime Minister is likely to declare open a helicopter service connecting Daman and Diu and launch Ahmedabad – Diu direct flight of Air Odisha under central government’s UDAN scheme.
Prime Minister will attend a function at Daman College Ground and leave for Surat to flag off a New India Night Marathon event.
Local administrator Praful Patel held meeting with Daman based hotel association, industrialists, engineers, social workers, district panchayat chief, Sarpanchs of 25 villages, municipality president and councillors of 15 wards among others at Swami Vivekanand auditorium here for preparations of Prime Minister’s visit.
Patel suggested half day leave for labourers on February 25. The president of Daman Industries Association committed mobilisation of 90,000 labourers from 2,300 industrial units to Prime Minister’s function. District Panchayat chief Sukha Patel committed the presence of one lakh people from his side. The president of Daman municipality took responsibility to mobilise 50,000 persons to Prime Minister’s function which is scheduled to take place at college ground here.
- States to be offered three schemes for cost plus 50% price to farmers: Niti Aayog Vice Chairman in Gujarat
- Rs 98 lakh bank cash van loot: main accused Sudhir Baghel held from Uttar Pradesh
- Chief Minister lays stone of Gujarat Sports University headquarters on 130-acre near Vadodara
- ACB Gujarat nabs State GST staffer, CA for taking bribe from shop owner
- S. Murali Krishna appointed new Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress