PM Modi likely to launch Daman – Diu helicopter service, Ahmedabad – Diu flight service on February 25February 14, 2018
Daman: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit union territory Daman on February 25.
The Prime Minister is likely to declare open a helicopter service connecting Daman and Diu and launch Ahmedabad – Diu direct flight of Air Odisha under central government’s UDAN scheme.
Prime Minister will attend a function at Daman College Ground and leave for Surat to flag off a New India Night Marathon event.
Local administrator Praful Patel held meeting with Daman based hotel association, industrialists, engineers, social workers, district panchayat chief, Sarpanchs of 25 villages, municipality president and councillors of 15 wards among others at Swami Vivekanand auditorium here for preparations of Prime Minister’s visit.
Patel suggested half day leave for labourers on February 25. The president of Daman Industries Association committed mobilisation of 90,000 labourers from 2,300 industrial units to Prime Minister’s function. District Panchayat chief Sukha Patel committed the presence of one lakh people from his side. The president of Daman municipality took responsibility to mobilise 50,000 persons to Prime Minister’s function which is scheduled to take place at college ground here.
- When thousands of people formed image of Goddess Ambika through oil lamps in garba ground
- Dy CM Nitin Patel terms Gohil's ultimatum to CM a cheap publicity stunt
- RIL announces strategic investment in and partnership with Den Networks Ltd and Hathway Cable and Datacom Ltd
- 18,000 slokas of 12 Skandhs of Shrimad Bhagwat Shridhari Tika translated in Gujarati by Ahmedabad based author
- Indian Coast guard saves 2 fishing boats with 19 aboard from being caught by Pak marines off Gujarat coast
- Nakhatrana town observes bandh against BAMSEF propaganda against Hindu beliefs and Gods