PM Modi likely to launch Daman – Diu helicopter service, Ahmedabad – Diu flight service on February 25February 14, 2018
Daman: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit union territory Daman on February 25.
The Prime Minister is likely to declare open a helicopter service connecting Daman and Diu and launch Ahmedabad – Diu direct flight of Air Odisha under central government’s UDAN scheme.
Prime Minister will attend a function at Daman College Ground and leave for Surat to flag off a New India Night Marathon event.
Local administrator Praful Patel held meeting with Daman based hotel association, industrialists, engineers, social workers, district panchayat chief, Sarpanchs of 25 villages, municipality president and councillors of 15 wards among others at Swami Vivekanand auditorium here for preparations of Prime Minister’s visit.
Patel suggested half day leave for labourers on February 25. The president of Daman Industries Association committed mobilisation of 90,000 labourers from 2,300 industrial units to Prime Minister’s function. District Panchayat chief Sukha Patel committed the presence of one lakh people from his side. The president of Daman municipality took responsibility to mobilise 50,000 persons to Prime Minister’s function which is scheduled to take place at college ground here.
- Fire raging in your bosoms is in my heart too: PM Modi in Bihar
- Govt decides to withdraw the security cover to five separatist leaders of Kashmir
- Gujarat IPS transferred, promoted
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- GPCB orders closure of 7 industrial units for continuous violation of discharge norms
- After withdrawing MFN status to Pakistan, India raise import duty on Pakistani goods by 200%