Canadian PM Justin Trudeau to arrive Gujarat tomorrowFebruary 18, 2018
Prime Minister of Canada Justin Pierre Trudeau, who is on a week long visit to India since yesterday, will arrive here tomorrow on a single day trip to Gujarat.
Trudeau will also go to Akshardham temple in Gujarat capital Gandhinagar on and spend around 40 minutes in its premises.
The Canadian PM would arrive in the temple at about 1140am on February 19. His stay was scheduled for around 40 minutes
He will also visit Sabarmati Ashram and deliver a guest lecture in IIMA here on the the same day.
46 year old Trudeau, who arrived in New Delhi last evening with wife and three of his children, today visited Taj Mahal. He will also visit Mumbai and Amritsar during his India trip.
Trudeau will also hold wide-ranging talks with his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi on February 23.
On February 21, the Canadian prime minister will visit Golden Temple in Amritsar. The next day, he will visit New Delhi’s Jama Masjid, besides delivering a lecture at a gathering of Canadian and Indian business leaders.
The ties between India and Canada have been on an upswing. Around 14 lakh Canadians are of Indian origin and India is Canada’s second largest source of immigrants.
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress
- Centre approves additional grant of Rs 1131 crore for Narmada project, Gujarat govt thanks the PM
- Kesar mango makes first presence of the season in Marketing yard
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi likely to visit Madhavpur in Gujarat in last week of this month
- Surat diamond loot case solved in 3 days, precious stones worth Rs 15 -20 crores recovered, 2 nabbed from UP
- Coast Guard commissions IB C- 437, multifarious ship can attain speed up to 45 knots